Prime mainline (Rid) Voyager Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by brawl569, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

Okay heres my review of rid Optimus Prime.

In his vehicle mode he is a awesome looking semi truck. It has 5 mech tech ports, but two are hidden under the roof. If you do it right you can make some sort of stealth force mode. It is pretty interesting but it doesn't do much other then just sit there.

The transformation is fun clever and interesting. It is also pretty easy, but for a Optimus Prime figure I feel its different. The nose of the truck forms the arms. The back of the vehicle forms the legs and the windows form the chest. But the grill flips around revealing his head. From the two prime figures I have (the other being Cliffjumper) I can gather that the Transformations are very clever.

For the robot mode it is just as awesome as its vehicle mode and has a few more colours from the red and blue. It has light piping in his head, arms and chest and when a light is shined into them it looks really good. His weapons are a rifel that has a mech tech type feature, where you pull part of his gun and it extends forming a rifle. I only wish you could lock it in place. He also has a sword which he can hold in two hands. as you can see his gun can attach to the shoulder forming a shoulder rifle/gun. In this mode he has around 20 points of articulation with most of them being ball joints. This means you can get prime in some awesome poses. As well as his hands he has 4 mech tech ports on wich you can plug weapons into 2 in his shoulder and 2 in his arms.

So overall if you have not all ready got a optimus figure from the prime line I can highy recomend this to you. Obviously his big complaint is his weapon not being able to lock but that is only small. If you want to see his pictures just chech out the album I have posted a link to below this

http://photobucket.com/ridvoyagerprime

2. brawl569

brawl569 Autobot

Thanks for that, I'll transfer it to there straight away :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.