Prime Mainline (RiD) Vehicon

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    /\ I don't know why, but I just had a vision of that Bay commercial when he kept saying "awesome". Just replace the opening thing to one of Peaghhs video reviews of Vehicon and Bay responds: "Genius!"

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I agree completely. While I want three Vehicons, I have found one and I'm currently waiting on getting another until I know a friend of mine has his. If I find a second one before he finds his first, I'll pick it up for him. Once he gets at least one, then I'll look into getting my other two.

I will say, I typically only get one of each mold, but once I got this guy in hand, that was one rule I knew I was going to break.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I have two locals on my list to help out as well if they don't find them before I find another.

Though I am not into the Prime cartoon, or some of the figures all that much, this figure is pretty damn amazing. Well worth the frustration and wait. Still hoping my 1st edition comes through, and cant wait to get the wingy ones as well.

4. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

The way I've done it is 1 FE Vehicon, 1 PRiDE Vehicon, and I'll probably get an airborne one when they come out too.
    I just remember how frustrating it was to see all those Sweep armies when the Generations Scourge I'd been waiting years for finally came out, and I couldn't find a single one for weeks. I just can't bring myself to be that much of a d**k, especially not when PRiDE Vehicon is such an amazingly engineered TF.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

6. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Nice setup.

7. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Really liking this guy ALOT more than I thought i would hes my little buddy ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's such a solid figure. Easily one of the best army builders Hasbro has put out in a long time.

9. loneliest#

loneliest# Well-Known Member

Finally found this guy. I haven't been this surprised by a deluxe since Animated Rodimus' disappearing wheels. Very clever figure and top-drawer toy design.

10. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Wow what a dick.. I hope they broke on him. Even if there was one vehicon and a kid asked me if he could buy it I'd give it to him (mostly because its more for them then us) also because I dont like seeing little kids cry because of some greedy bastard that is so worried about troop building and knowing that they are short packed. I only have one and thats good enough for me. :)  Its not worth seeing a little kid cry just because you want multiple copies of a rare toy. People like that just make me sick to my stomach..:thumbdown 

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The hype for this guy is well deserved, and worth all the searching once I found him. Awesome in both alt and bot mode with a fun,original transformation makes it a must buy.

Wheeljack just got bumped to second favorite Prime toy with this guy WAY on top.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Sad thing is, a lot of members here would snatch it up just as fast as that guy did. I've seen a ton of posts that mention a kid setting down one after looking at it, they grab it and walk off before anything else happens. Now, if I were in that situation, I would very much give the kid the toy, but then again, how the hell did that guy find a store with 4?! I've only seen 1 store that even got the wave in.

13. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got lucky finding one of these at a Walmart after a restock this morning. The transformation is amazing; the fact that so much car mode just collapses into the legs without looking bad (ending up actually looking good) is pretty cool. The robot mode is the most outstanding, looking very show-accurate and managing to be almost entirely kibble-free. The weapon is accurate, too, and I like that you can clip it on in place of a hand to make it more like it appears on the show. My only criticism of this toy is that the arms are a little weird in the elbow area, but that hardly takes away from the toy on the whole.
    Easily the best of the wave, and one of the best (if not THE best) of the line, especially due to its innovative transformation. It's a shame he's short packed and getting hoarded by troop-builders because this is one that everyone should have a chance to own. One is enough for me; definitely my favorite TFP Deluxe so far.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got one this week. Legs = genius. I still like the FE version equally though (for different reasons).

15. TFanTex

TFanTex Well-Known Member

Finally found one this week. Looks like they restocked Wal-Mart and Target today and they had 1-2 boxes judging from the 3 Hot Shots. No Vehicon at Wal-Mart, but Target was good to me :) 

Vehicon is easily one of the best of the line of deluxes, along with Ratchet and Wheeljack. This toy makes you wish the quality was this good all the way around for RID.

I'd buy another, IF I could find one. :) 

16. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Found one yesterday at Target. Grabbed it and didn't let go until it was safely paid for and in the car.

Best figure of the entire line. The matte finish on the purple and silver bits looks absolutely gorgeous. The gun works equally well held in its hand, attached to its arm, clipped onto the headlights or plugged into the side of the vehicle mode. However, I can't seem to find a place to store it in robot mode. Is there one?

I have some minor gripes about the figure, not enough to make it any less wonderful but they're still there. The vehicle mode grill is unpainted and really would have benefited from the same sparkly paint they used for other details on the figure. The lack of a waist joint seems odd since there's nothing to get in the way, although this has happened before with figures like WfC Megatron. Finally, the head automorph is really hard to use. The gears tend to get stuck or misaligned and the back plate you're supposed to pull on tends to pop out during the last step of the automorph. The first is pretty easy to fix, but the second seems like it could have been fixed by putting the gap in the rear lights' hinge on the opposite side of where it is now.

Still, this is an utterly amazing figure, and I hope everyone who wants it manages to get at least one. I'll be sure to leave any more I see on the shelf so other people get a shot at picking them up.

17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Grabbed one of these the other day, fantastic little figure. Only thing I dislike is the arms and that's only because of the bizarre way the elbows are formed. If he had normal arms then I honestly wouldn't have a single negative thing to say about it. If I was trying really hard to find another downside then I guess it would have been nice to have some paint on the gun.

Really nice little package for what you pay. Highly recommended, even if you initially planned to skip it.

18. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:

I don't know if it counts as "storing", but you can clip it on his shoulder. I don't think it's meant to clip there but it stays.

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not in error if I buy 50 fifty bucks worth of Cyberverse at one time, though, right? I didn't steal it from any kids or anything.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it helps any the elbows are actually show accurate.