Prime is going in the wrong direction

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Stilez, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Stilez

Stilez Well-Known Member

So, im confused, prime gets a sword that can split anything, megatron is scared, in the preview for next episode, megatron makes his own, why the hell didnt he make his own ages ago?

Also, now megatron can use the hammer, isnt it over for prime since megatron can make whatever the hellhe wants?

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you look at the promo again, you'll find that Megatron is grave robbing. It seems he's stealing the arm of a dead Prime and grafting onto himself. That's why he will able to use Solus hammer. And with that make a weapon to fight the Star Saber.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    megatron goes to cybertron to find an arm of a prime as his last resort. You just can't make an arm with the powers of a prime cause it's something mystical. He uses the forge the make a sword that can challenge the star saber cause anything else megatron makes still won't do as much a a weapon that is powered by the matrix to fight unicron

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Because he hasn't been able to use the Forge of Solus Prime until now. The Forge can only be used by a Prime. It's fairly obvious that Megatron is going to go to Cybetron, find the tomb of a dead Prime, remove his arm, and replace his own arm with it, enabling him to use the Forge.
    What could he possibly make that's more powerful than the Star Saber? The answer is nothing. The best he could do is make a replica of it.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    In the show's desperate need to preserve its status quo, I think both swords and the Solus Forge will be destroyed or otherwise rendered inert before the season is out.

6. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Because he's desperate now. You don't just jump into replacing your arm with someone elses unless you have to.

Also, I don't think some people know what "Status Quo" means around here. :\

7. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope not! I think Optimus getting the Star Saber is the best thing to happen to the show!

8. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

"Quick! Turn left!"

"No! Your other left!"

Ha ha no. Prime is doing just fine. You know what they say, slow and steady wins the race. :) 

9. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

I like where the show is going for this season's finale. I'm actually wondering if Megatron will live to see the third season.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I have a feeling that weapons this overpowered aren't going to last long.

11. Charade

Charade Well-Known Member

Agreed. If the writers thought differently, then Makeshift would still be around.

The again, maybe we are about to see the start of a Cybertronian arms race.

12. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I had the same thought about Megatron. I even went as far as to get the crazy idea that the Decepticons story line might come to an end to make way for this Beast Hunters stuff.

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think declaring Prime is going in the wrong direction off a 30 second promo is jumping the gun for sure.

IMO, the last 4 or 5 episodes of Prime have completely turned this show around. If anything it's definitely going in the right direction.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Prime doesn't know what direction it wants to go.

Probably so. The ratio of macguffins found verses macguffins used for anything other than a brief appearence later is astounding pitiful.

15. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

Prime goes in one direction, trying to convince you that you're the one thing that it needs and that's makes you beautiful.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Requiem Blaster (Prime) - Transformers Wiki

17. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

that's because the status is not quo.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Man, depending on how they do the "Megatron steals an arm and grafts it onto himself"-thing, it could be really awesome! :D  (Or really lame. I'm hoping for the former.) They could have a creepy scene of Knockout performing his best "surgery" on Megatron.

I see what you did there.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

That is a good point. If Megatron can use the Forge, why doesn't he cover the Nemesis with Nucleon Shock Cannons for the Vehicons to use and equip all his officers with swords as powerful as the Star Sabers. Considering he can make anything.

Megatron has to wipe out the Autobots by time season two has ended. The fact that he won't shows the writers write things out of their league. I expect the Forge will conveniently stop working after the Vorpal Saber is made or Megatron, showing his usual level headed tactical thinking that has made him the ultimate Decepticon leader, will go to fight Team Prime, on his own, before he's made anything other than the Vorpal Saber and his Prime arm will be cut off by the end of the episode.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering why I'm saying the evil Star Saber will be called the Vorpal Saber, it's because that's what the evil Star Saber in Armada was called. Vorpal Saber - Transformers Wiki And if there's one thing these writers can do, it's throw in pointless TF trivia to keep fans happy.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I respectfully disagree.

Wasn't it stated in the show and in Alex Irvine's books that the Forge allowed Solus to make whatever she dreamed up? The Matrix has nothing to do with it!

The Requiem Blaster was the most powerful weapon constructed, no?

Edit:

Because, apparently, only a Prime can wield the power of Primus:/
    One must wonder how the Matrix would work should Optimus die before appointing someone:rolleyes: 

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012