Prime Heavy Munition = G1 Wreckers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by REMINATOR, Jul 6, 2012.

1. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone notice in Cyberverse figure UMagnus, Ironhide, and Bulkhead, they all have same title/function as "Heavy Munition"? Does that mean Heavy Munition in Prime = G1 Wreckers? Hopefully both of these guys will join up with their fellow comrade Wheeljack and Bulkhead in the cartoon series.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ironhide won't. And I think it'd be pretty weak if Ironhide was a Wrecker. It doesn't suit him.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It doesn't suit Bulkhead either.

Wreckers in Prime are not really like any other Wreckers. They're not about high-risk missions or the like. All we now is that most of them are dead and the only two alive aren't really that unique.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Yeah, good point.

And one of them is the biggest pansy on Team Prime no less.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The pansy that rips dudes robo-intestines out.

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is the leader of the Wreckers in the Aligned Continuity. Ironhide, however, is not a Wrecker

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Wheeljack sounds more like a guy who should be on the Lighting Strike Coalition.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

And screams like a girl.

And is always getting captured or hurt.

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm fairly certain most of them are dead because of high-risk missions. Hence Optimus' comment: "They accepted missions no-one else would. And most of them did not return."

The two we've seen are the lucky ones.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is the Wrecker leader in the Exodus book. Maybe being a leader of the team is part of his aligned continuity bible.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

No way, the G1 Wreckers were the "extreme team" kind of guys who pretty much were the Cybertronian equivalent of the A-Team with some extra members who got on the team in exchange for giving up screen time for the original members.

Prime Wreckers...it sounds to me more like "Wreckers" was just the nickname of a group of typical Autobots, like a regiment or troops, not the "All hell beaks loose containment committee" last resort team.

Well, Team Prime has a minimum "you have to be THIS ballsy to be on this team" requirement that pretty much is ripping out the guts of your enemies at any random moment during combat.

The only exception to this rule is Bumblebee, who probably can't will himself to go that far. However, he's on the team because of a letter from "Henry and Helal Hassenfeld", two guys Optimus seems to have owed a favor or two and they wanted BB on the team.

12. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe I haven't paid too much attention to TF Function/Title, but to me, this is first time in any TF Line where I saw multiple bots have the same title/function. Now I'm just curious, is Hasbro run out of idea or too lazy in making up new title/function so they just lump sum everything in this Heavy Munition title? Or, maybe Hasbro will reveal something later on whether in the show or other media regarding this Heavy Munition stuff. What do you guys think?

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Heavy Mutioners remind me of the Heavy Brigade from TFA except as the Autobots counterpart.

14. PriNcesfDarXnes

PriNcesfDarXnes Seeker

Or hey, maybe heavy munitions has to do with the fact that they're all the largest and hardest hitting robots for the Autobots in this line up. Optimus is a prime so you can't include him as a typical soldier but look at the rest of them: Arcee, Bumble Bee, Cliffjumper and Wheeljack. They're more about how many hits they can put in versus how much they can pack into each hit... and Ratchet is just a medic.

If their size class doesn't prove that point then their armaments should since I don't see any other Autobots with huge cannons or mortars as weapons. Besides, going by that logic then Cliffjumper should be a wrecker too since his function is commando, just like Wheeljack's. I'm pretty sure functions is just to classify them into what role they play on in the field and doesn't really have to do with their squad affiliations.