Heavy/Scratch: Prime fun w/Bodyshop!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Nov 13, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Superquad7 asked me a while ago how Bodyshop (my accidental custom) was doing. Well, Bodyshop is still around - and I decided to snap a few new pics of his vehicle mode. The pictures explain the title quite well.

Enjoy the carnage.

~Z

"Oohh, puns..."

Note: Yes, Bodyshop still transforms fully and is completely 'playable.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL Optimus pwned.

3. AutoCon2076

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool!!...I remember this guy.....glad to see he's still around....so no other damage since the last update in the original thread?.....

:thumb 

5. AutoCon2076

Unfortunately, no, Plowking. School was a BITCH - thanks to my girlfriend being out for a cumulative two weeks I almost fell behind on my project car. Thankfully we managed to get it (an '88 Monte Carlo SS) painted the day before graduation. I still need to install the interior, sadly. I'll get back to work on Bodyshop now that Im out of the bodyshop for a while.

[​IMG]

Not too bad, right? Alas now I needs to gets me a jobs bys Decembers or elses Is cant's buys any mores toys. Sayings stuffs with extra sses iss funs.

~Z

Other projects of mine - My daily-driver (was stock - I added 3" lift-kit, brushguard, foglights, tail-light guards, mudflaps, trailer-hitch, 7.5x15" wagon-wheels (x5), BF Goodrich tires (x5)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My next project car - formerly my late grandmother's vehicle. It is a 1976 Ford Torino with the 351-Windors engine. The car is numbers-matching and all original with a surpringly *nice* interior (PERFECT headliner and sides!!). This one is gonna take a while...

[​IMG]

6. plowking

News Credits:
    Noiice!!! Good looking MC....factory 305?....or did you do a swap?....tell me its got a 400 in it!!....350?...are those 100 spokes?...non-the-less...cool :thumb 

I have always liked these styled Cherokee's....hows the ride?....good on gas?...my lease is about up on my Wrangler, the next Jeep I get, I'm gonna pay cash for it...I'd like to get a white Wrangler next time...or I'd snap up one of these Cherokee's in a second if the price were right....

Looks good....love the color too :thumb 

Is that the same year and style as the Starsky and Hutch car?....if so, you gotta make a clone!!!!!......do it....DO IT!!!!!

7. AutoCon2076

Double Post - editted

~Z

8. AutoCon2076

Thank you! As of now, the motor is the stock 305 H.O. Eventually the engine is going to be rebuilt and bored/stroked. It's my mother's car, so I can't get too crazy with it. It's only mine on the weekend. In regards to the rims, they are 18" Deyton true-spokes. There's like 200 or 220 spokes per rim - it's tough to count em.

I paid $5000 for it back in 'January of '06. It's a 2000 Cherokee Sport with ol' reliable (4.0 L6). I forgot to mention that I debadged Cherokee Sport off of the doors, Cherokee off of the back, and 4.0 Litre off the back as well. The vehicle was painted at Sherwinn Williams while I was there for surface prep classes. The fender-flares and bumper covers were originally black like most other Sports. I went for the Cherokee Classic/Limited paintjob by having them covered.

I get 230 miles per tank (17 gallon) with a heavy foot (I cruise @80mph on the freeways). Back when I had the 400lb toolbox I used to get only 190 miles or so per tank. The ride quality is great; soft enough to not make one sick, yet rough enough to remind you it's a Jeep. For ride quality I'd take my '94 Cadillac Sedan DeVille or my mother's '05 Hyundai Sonata. Nothing beats any any-year Cadillac.

Yes, yes it is. However, I will NOT make a clone. Starsky and Hutch use the 1976 Ford Gran Torino. Mine is the much-rarer 1976 Ford Torino -- try to find one, ya prolly won't. I saw ONE other '76 non-Gran at a car-show; it was made up as the Starksy & Hutch Torino. It made me sad. Here are some of the differences that I'm aware of:

Gran Torino
    351 Cleveland (or another motor)
    Bucket Seats
    Center console w/floor shifter
    Foglights

Torino
    351 Windsor
    Bench Seat
    Column shift.

I hope this answered all of you're questions. If not, feel free to ask more. I love talking cars as much as talking Transformers.

~Z
    AutomotiveConcepts2000Cherokee1976Torino

9. plowking

News Credits:
    O.k....cool....my dad had the same wheels on his 89 Caprice (yes, my dad...he's 64, and his car looks cooler than most young guys cars the same year/style)...they arent 18's, but the are true spokes...I think his are 200....and man, its even harder to get all those little dudes clean....but they do look sweet...

Thats about the same mileage I get in the Wrangler....

Didn't like Starsky and Hutch?....or is it that its not the correct car?
    So you just gonna do a restore to factory/showroom condition then?....

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

That Bodyshop fig is pretty cool, I would love to get a cheap Ricochet and do something like that.

11. AutoCon2076

Thanks - Im glad you like it. Don't forget that there are additional pictures in the original thread I linked earlier.

Wow, at this rate I should've posted in non-toys! (I was looking for "See some cool stuff" but I couldn't find it...) :D 

If it were a Gran Torino, I would have completely inversed the Starsky & Hutch themes colors. White with red stripe and a blue flashing light. In regards to restoration, I am going to attempt the Torino through various stages. First I'll restore it back to factory. Afterwards I will slowly start to convert it into a LowRod.

For those unfamiliar with LowRods, they are essentially an amalgamation of a Low Rider and a Hot Rod. The vehicle won't be able to jump, though it will be able to lay-frame on the pavement. Meaning an airbag suspenion will fully deflate and the car's belly is on the ground. This takes a *lot* more work than you might think, considering the exhaust pieces and some frame parts may have to be... "modified."

The 351-W is going to remain in the vehicle, though I will be swapping out the heads for some Ford GT ones. Various other parts and such, too. A close friend of mine does custom exhausts and my brother-in-law is amongst the top Transmission Technicians in New Jersey. Between the three of us it's going to be a very interesting car.

~Z
    "The Torino will be getting airbrushed Decepticon insignias on the sail panels or etchings in the panel windows; haven't decided yet. The Monte will be gettinng an airbrushed Autobot insignia on the tailgate, as well as the knight's helmet on the crest being altered into an Autobot insignia. If you can find a closeup of the Monte Carlo SS crest, take a look. It can be done quite easily."

12. plowking

News Credits:
    Me too....but I have a hard time replicating someone else's work...it just never looks the same/comes out right....

And on that Torino...you gonna C-notch the rear frame so it can get reeeaaaallllly low?.....I know you said a lot of work....and I know that takes a lot of work....be sure to post pics of the airbrushing :thumb