prime figure help

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Aug 4, 2006.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    G1 has a ton of different versions. Elvin would be the man to name them all.
    Off hand, I know of the following:

Original, blue toed, "fat" gun
    blue-toed "thin" gun
    Red-toed
    Jafcon Black Convoy
    New Year's Convoy (came with blue windows, blue eyes, a die-cast Matrix that could fit inside his chest, and a repainted Action Master Prime)
    Collection 0 Convoy (came with his axe)
    Hasbro reissue ("short" smokestacks)
    Original "Pepsi" Prime
    Canadian "Pepsi" Prime
    Pepsi Convoy (modern version with new trailer and Pepsi-inspired colourscheme)
    G2 Prime (darker colours, black trailer with new decals, soundbox, and two missile launcher guns).
    There's also an all-gold Lucky Draw version, as well as the infamous off-brand "Lunchtime specials" such as a silver chrome one and a clear one.
    There's also a bunch of Roller varients, and Ultra Magnus and his varients (since he used the Prime cab).

And that's just the toys directly made from the original, without going into his Diaclone origins!

Armada Prime has four retail versions - original with the shoulder "notches" that limit the Supermode's arm movement, the running change of that one without the notches, Powerlinx "Final Battle" Prime, K-Mart "Powerlinx" set release (who was a paler bronze where the original was red) and the Costco exclusive one that came with Overload. In Japan, there were a couple of variations - the original release had yellow paint where the US had gold, and the "Final Battle" version was only available in a two-pack with Overload, known as the "Magna Convoy" set. It had a fair amount of different paint apps, especially to the smaller robot mode head.
    There's also an all-gold chrome lucky draw version.

Supercon Prime has a great deal more varients. There were three of the intial colour scheme alone - the first varient had different paint apps to the lights. The later varient added an Autobot logo where the first two versions had none. The Japanese one, I think, had some slight differences but nothing sticks in my mind. Then there was a clear version and obligatory Lucky Draw in Japan - I think this time it was silver, though - as well as the "Nemesis Primes" - in the US you got Nemesis Prime, who had tan coloured sections around the grill. The Japanese one on the other hand was Scourge, and he was a lot closer in colour to the RiD character of the same name - much darker grey on the grill.

Then later on there was an Ultra Magnus release in the "Battle in a Box" series, and the most recent one is the Cybertron version, which has two varients - one has the four planet symbols on his hood while the earlier one does not.

I think that just about covers them but evidently they're popular targets for repainting!

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanx for the help man!