Prime Fan Watches Transformers: Generation One

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Pax Cybertronia, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

yeah I’m sorry to tell you but you are highly mistaken

Teletran one spoke in the very first episode and have spoken in Pleanty afterwords And always with the same voice actor Casey Kayson the same voices Cliff jumper

Things change in season 3 when he quits

I shall quote “myself

yeah I’m sorry to tell you but you are highly mistaken

Teletran one spoke in the very first episode and have spoken in Pleanty afterwords And always with the same voice actor Casey Kayson the same voices Cliff jumper

Things change in season 3 when he quits

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

So thats the reason they offed the Volcano.

3. Pax Cybertronia

Pax Cybertronia Well-Known Member

It was alright from what I remember. It isn't the worst in the series that I've watched at the moment, but it isn't that significant compared to other episodes, e.g. The Ultimate Doom.

Oh, really? Thanks! Then I guess that episode was either the first time I really noticed Teletraan 1's voice, or it was the first time where it played an important enough role for me to notice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Altered Prime

Yup and also why .
    Telatran 2 Sounded so different.

it might be because he seem to have a personality in this episode or maybe it showed signs of concern the way a regular character would

Most of the other times that the computer spoke it’s broke like a computer ,alert alert ,possible decepticon activity, Reports of temperature dropping at the North Pole , Basic reporting of a Events or of scans was basically what it usually spoke

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  5. Pax Cybertronia

TRAITOR

In my opinion, this episode was an improvement over Attack of the Autobots, and certainly an improvement over City of Steel. This episode basically focuses on Mirage and Cliffjumper, and Mirage is eventually brainwashed by Bombshell's cerebro-shell, which only serves to agitate an already-paranoid Cliffjumper. So, I personally find Cliffjumper's personality to be quite interesting: he's suspicious of everyone, and he's also extremely impulsive and trigger-happy. We saw some of this aspect of him when he shot that Decepticon-looking rock formation back in Transport to Oblivion in Season One. I wonder if Cliffjumper had any previous negative experiences that he either repressed or exposed off-screen; he didn't seem to mistrust any of the other Autobots in previous episodes from what I remember, at least to the point where he's willing to attack them from a distance when he thinks they're collaborating with the Decepticons. Anyway, I'm surprised over the lack of Bumblebee in this episode; when a character becomes a staple of the franchise, it's rather jarring to see them not appear in an episode at some point. I wonder why Megatron laments the loss of the electrocells after he obliterated them with his fusion cannon. I mean, he destroyed the damn things! As for the ending, that was weird as all hell. So, after Ratchet repairs Mirage, Cliffjumper jumps onto Mirage and jokes about how he has a hole in his head as well, and then the two hug each other and roll over on the floor while Ratchet laughs.

As for animation errors, I noticed that, for a split-second, Rumble's visor turned purple, and there was two Starscreams when Megatron pushed past them to stop the electrocells from exploding. I wonder if the Decepticons never noticed that Skywarp's Decepticon insignia was missing. The Decepticons (i.e. Starsceam and Megatron; Starscream had a song and dance about Thundercracker's betrayal back in Fire on the Mountain) didn't mention it at all even though it was significant to the plot. Also, I noticed that the scientists' accents changed throughout the episode: at the beginning, one of the scientists had a British accent, and at the end, their accent was altered to an American one. Was the British accent from earlier faked, or was it was probably production issues? Also, to add, Mirage is clearly better at invisibility in general than Megatron; Megatron was still exposed somewhat with his outline that Teletran-1 saw, while Mirage managed to disguise himself completely, even if it was for a few seconds. To be fair, Mirage has had practise in it, but it's still quite clear who the victor is in that category.

6. pilot00

God I hated Cliff Jumper. From day one, and that episode didnt help matters more. Same feelings with Brawn.....

7. Pax Cybertronia

Cliffjumper isn't my absolute favourite character, but he's alright for me. Personally, my least favourite Autobot at the moment is Windcharger; the writers haven't really done that much with him aside from showcasing his magnetic powers.

8. pilot00

Yep, my reaction when Windcharger is brought up is this: "Windwho?Oh that corpse on the battle of Autobot city, Arcee was lugging around?"

But I cant stand angry midgets that try to overcompensate. I liked Bee not because of his self doubt, but because he was trying to do something because of his feelings towards his team mates. Cliff strikes me as too self centered and Brawn as an actual thug.

9. Pax Cybertronia

THE IMMOBILIZER

This episode focuses on Ironhide as a character, and also about Wheeljack's newest invention: the Immobilizer, which is capable of mobilizing its target for a certain duration of time, or at least until someone rescues them from stasis. So, it appears that this series has added another human recurring character to its roster: Carly, a teenager who, like Chip, is interested in science, and somehow knows where Decepticon Headquarters is. By the end of the episode, they start dating; this is presumably going to alter the status quo throughout the rest of the series, as in she's going to start appearing more. I think the concept of the Immobilizer is interesting: a device that can transform is almost certainly going to fall into the servos of the Decepticons, and I was interested in seeing what exactly the Decepticons were going to do with it. As for Ironhide, I liked his character: he's clearly someone who is determined to defend his fellow Autobots and seems to be quite paranoid; he shoots a tree at one point when Carly spies on him, for example. His short-lived retirement seemed to have been a result of his paranoia and his need to keep his allies safe and sound.

As for animation errors, I noticed that doors in this world seem to be much larger than in real life; how the Hell did Bumblebee get into the arcade in the first place is what I want to know. Bumblebee is a giant robot, whereas everyone else is an average-sized human being. Also, there was Ratchet's missing mouth when he was standing near the forcefield, and Thundercracker only had one of his wing insignias on his wing as he left the river. The characters seemed to be drawn off-model at times, but the animation in this episode in general was good, better than it was in City of Steel, at least. So, as for dialogue, calling Megatron "Mega-Turkey" is both arguably the absolute worst insult you could call him and it's also arguably the most hilarious. For me, Trailbreaker's habit of insulting the Decepticon leader seemed to be more prominent in this episode. So, to summarise, I liked this episode; the quotes and characters here were memorable and so was the plot.

So, up next is The Autobot Run, and I see that it's animated by AKOM. Well, I'm in for a fun episode next, aren't I?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. Pax Cybertronia

THE AUTOBOT RUN

First of all, how the fuck did Chip Chase manage to stand up to catch that grenade? That shouldn't be physically possible; people who are wheelchair-bound don't usually tend to magically be able to stand up to catch grenades! I knew he was lying this entire time; he's an alien, I swear it! Second, where the hell did Shockwave come from? Last time I checked, he was supposed to be on Cybertron while the rest of the known Decepticons fought on Earth. Now, he's apparently on Earth, and then he disappears for the rest of the episode. OK, that makes sense? OK, "guinea pigatron" is one of the worst names I think this series has ever come up with; usually the names of wildlife and Transformer anatomy are good, but a guinea pigatron isn't exactly a stellar naming choice. Megatron might as well said that he needed a "lab ratatron" in Starscream. The concept of a Transfixatron is definitely interesting; preventing a Transformer bring being able to transform (and thus making them an "er") would definitely hinder them. So, what would happen if a Transformer was hit by the Transfixatron in their robot mode? Now, about this episode, how the hell did the writers try to tie racing, the Wild West and immobilizing Transformers together?

As always with AKOM, the animation is splendid and amazing and immeasurably superb and definitely doesn't possess a ton of animation errors. OK, seriously, Devastator's head seemed to glitch, briefly changing from grey to green in one shot. That, and Scrapper's faceplate doesn't move when he reports on the Transfixatron's completion, and Scrapper's voice seemed to be different than what it is usually. As a whole, this episode was alright; beyond some aspects of it, there wasn't anything all that significant. There was the bad animation by AKOM and that time when Chip Chase stood up even though he's meant to be paralysed from the waist down, I think (the writers haven't mentioned it). Personally, I'm not exactly fond of Huffer's character, though I do appreciate that the writers gave him the spotlight this episode. His generally over-pessimistic attitude can grind on my nerves somewhat; I'm by no means optimistic, but still. Also, I don't know why, but Brawn came off a bit more aggressive in this episode than usual. I think it's because he threatened Huffer more; maybe because he was also starting to get annoyed by Huffer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Altered Prime

Actually that depends on the reason why the individual is in a wheelchair

I have plenty of friends and acquaintances that are in wheelchairs that are capable of standing for a few moments if not walking a few steps

12. Pax Cybertronia

Yeah, that's a good point. The writers didn't specify his condition if I remember correctly, so I think that's why it came as a surprise.

13. NaCl

NaCl High school graduate

The same Chip Chase who ripped up a floppy disk like it was made of fabric? My ongoing theory is that he's secretly a superhuman.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pax Cybertronia

I knew it! Anyway, I think that might tie into my theory of Chip's parents being heavily involved in the government; they're covering it up from the public, which is why no one at all has investigated it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pax Cybertronia

ATLANTIS, ARISE!

So, this episode focuses on what would happen if the Decepticons sided with the citizens of Atlantis, or Sub-Atlantica... if Atlantis wanted to conquer everyone on land and were distrustful of said land creatures. This is one of the... more random plots I've seen in this series thus far, but it is interesting; I did like the concept of extremely unlikely allies joining forces with one another, and then said alliance slowly begins to fall apart. However, I would rather have had the Decepticons realise Nergill's true intentions and either briefly side with the Autobots to fight him or they fight Nergill's forces in a three-way war. Ironically enough, Starscream, who's usually one of the stupider Decepticons, probably has the most common sense out of them all; a broken clock is right once a day, after all. Warmongering, more than likely genocidal robots from outer space don't usually tend to mix well with warmongering sea creatures who hate land creatures (humans, robots, the list goes on). Other than Starscream, the only Decepticons who really noticed Nergill's true intentions were Rumble and Ravage; that was it. Granted, most of them didn't know about Nergill's desire to conquer the Decepticons after they conquered the rest of the Earth, but I would've expected them to at least be less trustful of Nergill considering the fact that they don't seem to like organics that much.

As for animation errors, this episode, considering the fact that it wasn't animated by AKOM, was almost definitely not going to have as many animation errors as the previous episode. However, I did notice that Hound's turret gun clipped right through his roof when his camper roof unfolded, and Starscream's jet mode has a yellow underbelly when the Decepticons left their base... which is strangely appropriate. As for Nergill, I loved Wally Burr's voice for this character; a deep baritone seems to fit him well! His generally devious personality was quite anticipated, considering the dismal relationship the Decepticons have with most other lifeforms that aren't them. I also liked the concept of the magnetic dysfunction ray; I was surprised to find out that said ray worked better with the Autobots, though that's probably because the Decepticons are more military-based than the Autobots.
    Finally, I doubt we'll ever see Nergill again; we don't see Wheeljack carry him out of Sub-Atlantica while it was being destroyed at the episode's end. He could've escaped in the chaos and have been killed in the chaos, or Wheeljack could have dropped Nergill off and left him to die. We also don't really get a name for King Nergill's race; it might be 'Mermen', who knows.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Starscream is not stupid, that does the character a great disservice. You'll see why fairly soon in upcoming episodes, and sooner if you pay attention to older episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pax Cybertronia

DAY OF THE MACHINES

This is easily one of the best episodes in Season 2 in my opinion, at least so far. Basically, this episode focuses on the Autobots trying to stop Megatron from using the most powerful AI on Earth - TORQ III - to remote control oil tankers to a specially-built oil platform so they could pump oil into their base. Personally, this plot seems to be far more realistic than the last one; with the presence of Autobots and Decepticons on Earth, it makes sense that human technology would develop to the point where humans would be able to make powerful supercomputers capable of controlling machinery and metal objects throughout a location. What interests me is that TORQ III seems to be the third version of the computer. So, I wonder what happened to the other two TORQs? Did they succumb to the same mind control, or were they just too inefficient for the computer scientists? I wonder how TORQ will be developed in the future; if he is indeed 'tamper-proof', then the writers could bring him up again either as a mention or use a future incarnation of him as the main antagonist.

As for animation errors, I noticed that the writers miscoloured Soundwave's visor when he notified Megatron that the force-field was down; they coloured it white instead of his usual red. Skyfire's chest was also missing his Autobot symbol when he reacted to the platform's explosions and during the episode's closing scene. I'm starting to understand the 'iron' in Ironhide. I mean, Ironhide outright walked into a blast of one of the machines TORQ III was manipulating, stuck a digit into the cannon and caused it to implode. It's no wonder why he's survived the War as long as he has! I'm surprised at Bumblebee's absence in this episode; he was intended to be the kid-appeal character for the Transformers franchise. It's actually a breath of fresh air compared to the abundance of shows who involve Bumblebee in the spotlight, e.g. the movies, RID2015 and the upcoming Cyberverse. So, to summarize, I loved this episode, and up next is Enter the Nightbird.

18. Pax Cybertronia

Reflecting back, I'd say that Starscream's major vice is less idiocy and more of a mixture of arrogance and cowardice. While I don't think that he's stupid, the likes of Megatron are superior to him intellectually in my opinion. At some points in the series, Starscream's refused to surrender even when the Decepticons were retreating at the end of the episode, and at other points, he fled the battle scene quicker than Megatron likely would have.

19. NaCl

NaCl High school graduate

As for TORQlll it could be the common science fiction trope of putting numbers at the end of things. Like Tallon-VI, or SR-388, or Garrus 9.

20. pilot00

What he said ^ Starscream is one of the most intelligent if not the MOST Intelligent among the Decepticons with Onslaught been a close second. The script writters did a great disservice to his personality by focusing on his narcisism as an easy way to cash out jokes, and ofc people who never paid any attention to details simply branded him as stupid.

• Like Like x 1