Prime Fan Watches Transformers: Generation One

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Pax Cybertronia, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

No you got that confused, remember Beast Wars takes place in Earths past, so the ship that the decepticons used as a base wasn’t built yet in the Beast Wars

The ship called Nemisis in beast wars was the original ship the decepticons attacked the autobots in when they came to and crash landed on earth on 4 million years go

BW Megatron found and used it, it crashed again and was later redound by humans in the episode Micrbots.The episode where G1 Megatron finds the heart of cybertron and Preceptor and others shrink down to go inside him to take it out

The ship the decepticons built on earth in the 3 part pilot crashed as well and it was that ship the decepticons used as an HQ

It was called the Victory “Retroactively” in a reference book

To make long story short

The Nemesis ; built over 4 million years ago, used by G1 Megatron to attack the Ark, both ships crash on earth

An unknown amount of time later the ship is found by BW Megatron, and soon after crashes again

In 1985 it is found by humans

The Victory; built in 1984 on earth by the then awakened Decepticons, used to try to get back to cybertron, brought down by sabotage, crashes back to earth all in the pilot episodes

Is then used by the Earth bound decepticons as a hq/base

2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Ahhh...d'oh, you're right. But what reference book? That thing that Furman wrote that was supposed to be 'definitive' (damn I can't spell tonight, probably should go to bed. :p  ) that IMO was full of his own BS? Or was it an IDW one I'm brain farting about?

--Moony

3. Primeultra

I don’t really remember the title of the reference book, “the ark” something I believe

I don’t give much credit check books that retroactively name stuff 20 or 40 years after the fact, I know one of those books had names for all of the ghost that we see in the matrix in the episode five faces of darkness but I take that with a grain of salt

4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    The Ultimate Guide. And yeah - a lot of apocrypha in that thing.

5. Primeultra

Not that book , the ship got named in Transformers: The Complete Ark

I don’t think you can call it “apocrypha”

Hasbro allowed for that book, and others, to be published, making it canon

6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Mopey Sea Urchin

Ebay:
    My bad. I misread. I was filling in the blank for the book @Moonscream was talking about, which is a bit of a mess.

7. Primeultra

No prob

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Yep, that waste of perfectly good trees is what I was thinking of. I tossed it at a secondhand store...fortunately missing everyone in it. ;)  Seriously, I sold the thing like the day after I bought it it was that crappy.

The other one, tho, was that anything official or something a fan came up with?

--Moony

9. Primeultra

Just in case I’m confused and you’re asking about something else? If you are referring to the two books mentioned the ,ultimate quide and the complete ark ,are both official books

10. Pax Cybertronia

Pax Cybertronia Well-Known Member

MAKE TRACKS

Oh, fuck, this has been a while... Uh, anyway.

So, this episode is about Tracks becoming friends with Raoul, a young Earthen lad. This is after 80s-looking thugs with pink mohawks and the like try to break into Tracks, which ends up in them being tracked to their headquarters and they and their dealer end up being arrested by the Autobots. Tracks ends up confronting some more punks during a drive, ending up with one of his tyres being shot and his hood being damaged; however, Raoul finds him and starts to patch him up to sell him to the Geddis brothers. Meanwhile, Seaspray pushes a car out of the sea and Hoise and Huffer fix up the streets after a fender bender. Raoul is starting to have second thoughts about selling Tracks to the Geddis brothers, but before that could come to fruition, the Geddis brothers arrive and start to rough him up because it was "one minute after midnight". After seeing this, Tracks drives up and forces them to stop, causing the brothers to flee, surprised that a Transformer, who was supposed to be their ally, was attacking them; Tracks and Raoul chase them across New York - Tracks even becomes a flying car to chase them down! - to no avail, but Raoul reveals the location of the Geddis's main garage. They arrive there and discover over 500 stolen cars - part of the Decepticons's latest plan!

Meanwhile, Cosmos and Powerglide get into a scuffle with Starscream after they spot the Decepticon in the skies of New York. They end up having to save the humans inside a lift inside a human mall, but they lose Starscream. However, Optimus deduces that Starscream was heading "south western" towards the Pine Barrens, which must be their headquarters. We find out that the Geddis brothers are working with Megatron to bring the cars to him for the latest plan; after the Geddis brothers bring the last shipment of stolen cars to the Decepticons, they ask for a "million dollar payment", which works out as well as expected - they even try shooting at Megatron! A still-damaged Tracks tries to go undercover, but he's nearly smashed by Hook; obviously not wanting this to happen, he breaks cover and tries to escape, but his wire that connects to his main computer snaps again, causing him to shut down; Raoul manages to distract the Decepticons long enough to repair the wire and make Tracks able to transform again. Ravage and Rumble are deployed by Soundwave to hunt down and kill Raoul and Tracks, but the rest of the Autobots sent by Optimus arrive and put them in their place. The Decepticons's plan is revealed!

Tracks, Bumblebee, Inferno and Hoist are sent to defend the Chrysler Building from an attack by some of the rebuilt cars; the firefight causes the building to burst into flames, which are doused by Inferno. Meanwhile, Inferno, Huffer and Windcharger defend another part of the city from the gun-toting drones. Ratchet realizes that the drones are reemote controlled and that the base is located in New Jersey, and so Blaster jams the control frequency so that the Autobots can escape to attack the Decepticon fortress. Raoul tries to destroy the main console with a crowbar, but this goes about as well as expected. Megatron, to Tracks's fury, uses Raoul as a hostage to force the Autobots to drop their weapons, but the day is saved when Raoul opens a panel on Megatron's chest and sprays paint into it, causing the leader to short-circuit and forcing the Decepticons to retreat yet again.

As for animation errors, the stolen cars randomly appear and disappear as Tracks travels through the conveyor belt,

To be honest, I don't know if I'm gonna keep doing the animation errors as it does seem redundant at this point considering the fact that this show is notorious for animation errors. Maybe if something egregious comes out, then I'll do it again, but I'll have to see.

As for my personal opinion on this episode, I liked it. It was really interesting seeing Tracks, a (from what I've seen) pompous and vain 'bot form an unlikely friendship with a punk - it's not something you'd expect, to be honest. I'd be interested in seeing Raoul return again, especially if it continues to delve into Tracks's character. Tracks's obsession with his paint job (from what I've seen and heard around the internet, anyway) is also interesting because it's not something you'd typically see in the Autobots; not that I have a problem with it, it's still really interesting! Season 2 seems to be focusing on individual character development as far as I'm aware, which I welcome completely; it's better than having characters just be one-dimensional. I also have a question as to how in the seven fucks Cosmos and Powerglide can fit into a human mall. They're giant robots; you'd think they'd be too big to fit in without damaging the building. Like, seriously - they're giant robots. Did they scale up the buildings in noir New York so that the Transformers can fit in to buy, uh, motor parts or something? When did that happen? Anyway, all in all, I still liked the episode and am looking forward to what's next.

So, next up is Child's Play, which I understand that there's a specific order to watching these episodes - unless I don't remember that correctly.

11. Primeultra

There were some malls in New York City back in the 80s that would have been big enough for those two characters