Prime > dotm

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Feb 7, 2011.

?

How do the 2 toy groups compare?

1. PRIME is better than DOTM

71 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. DOTM is better than PRIME

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. With exceptions, both are equal.

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

So far i have been blown away by the images of every Prime toy we have seen! This line has me really excited.

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Prime!

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFP Arcee alone is more exciting than anything I've seen from the DotM line so far. Then you toss in TFP Bumblebee and Starscream on top of that, and it's no contest. I'm waiting to see what the deluxe (or larger) versions of TFP Prime and Megatron look like, as the 2-pack version of them seems to be the weakest entry in the TFP line so far. Prime is severely lacking in detail and paint aps. With DotM, I haven't seen much that's gotten me excited. Nothing noteworthy.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So far the only Transformers Prime toy shown that doesn't have me excited is Prime. All the other toys shown easily fit on to my must have list.

Of the Dark of the Moon stuff so far only Shockwave seems to be on my buy list. Mostly because I think he'd work nicely into either the War for Cybertron figures or the Transformers Prime figures.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not too excited for Prime toys. Nothing against them, I just don't need to get into a whole new line right now. I'll see where it goes.

Can't say it's fair to judge either line yet. As for as the early Prime pics go, Arcee looks exceptional, Megatron looks good, no opinion on Bee and OP, and Starscream actually disappoints me.

DotM, well, I'm throttling back my movie-collecting ways and it's not really tempting me to chuck that. Will get Shockwave and any decent looking new 'cons that fit the sense of scale I'm building on my shelf (so...not the dreads). Anything else I'll have to see the movie to decide--though I have a funny feeling Sentinel Prime will be nuts and thus tempting.

For both franchises I'm much more interested in how it's going to go down than in what the toys will be like. I have a lot of toys and I'm actually going completist on Generations (not to mention now owning most Classics and Universe molds).

6. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Prime wins easily, I have never been so excited about TF's since MP Rodimus.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Loving Prime, not feeling the movie toys (quite like the dreads though). To me, the movie toys seem to be this big money making road block on the way to goodness. A toll bridge, if you will.

I'll support it (barely - by buying dreads, possibkly shockwave and watching the movie) but only to facilitate moving on to the bright lights of Arcee, I mean Prime.

8. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I think both lines look great, but I'm looking forward to Prime more, afterall, 2 waves of similiar movie styled toys will tend to be boring

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Based on what we've seen so far... it's Prime for me. Ultimate OP just cemented the general disappointment I've felt with the latest round of movie toys, while most of the Prime toys (except, ironically, Prime himself) have been pleasant surprises.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I can't really compare them because they're designs and play patterns are too different, even though the Prime designs borrow from the movies.

I'll say,though, that I like a lot from both lines.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    After yesterday's multiple toy reveals, Prime shines above most of the DotM toys for me.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

At least the release date for the Transformers Prime figures is October so that means there will be some choices on the shelves when the holidays roll around.

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Yup. Smells like victory. :D 

14. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Statistics and profit will say otherwise

15. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

While I know I'm definitely getting all of the revealed Prime toys so far, I find it funny that both of these lines have Primes that disappoint me. DOTM more so then Prime, but still a bit disappointing nonetheless.

It's really too early for me to judge the DOTM line, though. Since some of the toys we know about we haven't even seen in robot mode yet, and knowledge of all of them is hazy at best. I love DOTM Voyager Megatron, and even like Deluxe Starscream. But there are some duds so far, so I don't know. I love the movie line, especially what ROTF and 2010 gave us, but I can't be more than hopeful for DOTM's toyline right now.

But...to answer the question, I'm slightly more interested in Prime's toys at the moment. Specifically Starscream.

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'll say PRIME is better even though I feel no need to rush out and buy either.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear that. I'll be over here playing with United Tracks and Jazz.

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

While I probably won't be buying many Prime figs in the same way that I didn't get many Animated ones (they looked great, but with limited funds I've been tending to stay with ones that more or less fit the Classics/Universe style), on the whole they look far better to me than most of the DotM stuff I've seen (including Shockwave).

19. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Prime > Anything Bayverse

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I wonder how this poll would shift if we got crappy stolen prototype pictures of the Prime toys and photoshopped preview images of the DotM stuff.