prime deluxe bumble bee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jordy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    is it just me or is he well to yellow? I looked at mine after opening it last night and well the head base part does not click into place and the bot is just too yellow! It's not a nice yellow either, the bot is good but the head needs to be a shade or two darker so the head looks better and the car parts nad body limbs are just well lemon yellow! canary yellow car parts and maybe some darker yellow to brake it up would be better but seriously he is just yelow all over! Man I know cliff jumper is red all over but his body does a good job of it and brakes it up but bee just does not and it is quite sad. I may have to repaint him to make him look better.

Very disapointed in the figure for his color but bot mode wise just that one bit where his head piece connector does not snap in place and well the yellow! Waht do y'all think?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I personally would take it over the FE one just because it's smaller...
    *gets lunch tray
    ... But I'd rather get me a Hot Shot.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Condemning a figure because of the paint? Someone call DOTM Sideswipe and a WAHHHHHmbulance.

4. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

SEEKERBLACKOUT IS BACK! :D 

But I think a lot of people get "warmed up" to it. I suppose the brightness takes getting used to. But, by all means, if you feel like painting it more to your liking, why not?

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    You might want the NYCC version then, it's a different shade of yellow. I see him being sold on Ebay sans Arcee, mint loose or MISB saw a listing for $30 BIN before.

6. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    I only bought 2 DOTM figures the plane gargoyle one and lazer beak and lazer beak was only so I could take parts of him or kitbashes, so I wouldn't be able to talk about DOTM sideswipe, how ever I can say that I will be trying to paint my Bee to make him look better. Nice thanks, it will go well with my first ed prime from comic con, I was lucky to pick him up at a toy fair for $80

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

...Just like what Bumblebee should be? Supposedly there's means to get the head to sit more closely to the body, but why is it not locking in place securely such a problem? There's no need to pick the toy up by the head, after all...

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I think Bumblebee has too much plastic. Needs more diecast.

9. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    If it is meant to happen it should happen, I would like the part to sit flushed is all. Second it's not that I have a problem with him being yellow, it's just it wouldbe nice if parts of him were differnt color yellow compared to other parts so that you see the car mode and then yuo see the robot mode and one different shade of yellow can make or brake a robot and I think it would really make him look a lot better instead of the lemon yellow all over.

10. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think any mod that could sort out that giant hinge at the front of his chest would be welcome. He looks like he has neck problems in the photos i've seen, still not had him in hand.

11. snoopcow

snoopcow Yaranaika?

get the asia exclusive 2 pack with dark energon starscream , not too yellow and has energon blue flowing thru him

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

If I remember right, all you need to do for the head is to start pulling it up about halfway before you pull the shoulders out. The head isn't directly connected to the auto-transform gimmick, I guess in the event it snags on something so the gears don't strip to pieces.