Prime Breakdown's Trademark Information

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
  2. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    Uh oh...so I guess RK was right when they said "Japan Only"...

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The shitstorm begins in 3, 2, 1...

4. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Looks like people are about to have a...

Breakdown :cool: 

5. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    nah....just the people that were waiting for the US release, right?

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!

6. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Wait, don't all Transformers just say "Tomy"? Granted, I don't make a habit of staring at the copyright engraving on all my toys, but I seem to recall that being the case, even on Hasbro releases...

Still, I found the thread title misleading; I thought someone had looked up some kind of Japanese trademark database and translated it or something.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
  8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to check my Vehicon but I remember seeing the Tomy imprint being molded and IIRC, the hasbro one being printed.

9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

They usually have Hasbro markings in the same area. I just looked at my Prime Cliffjumper, and both markings are on the back/underside of the hood.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Man, even JAPAN is handling Prime better than Hasbro aside from the return of highly questionable quality sticker detail. They didn't have any of the FE crap, the Mini-cons are at least decent compared to the more weak-ass weapons in Hasbro releases, and they're getting the best looking Prime voyager to date while Hasbro gives us the shitty Airachnid toy.

If it wasn't for absurd shipping costs, I'd probably just be going over to Takara releases at this point since at least they aren't trying to sell more versions of Bumblebee.

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Meh, still waiting for SDCC before making a decision.

12. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So wait Japan gets: unicron, nemesis prime and now breakdown? While we get bumblebee up the wazoo? Seems fair

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Jet Vehicon

14. Sumner Sturgeon

And now I just thought of something else-- do Japanese releases of moulds that came out in the US retain Hasbro copyright symbols? Because if it's just being sold in Japan, I don't see why it would need them. I dunno, this whole thing just seems very...circumstantial to me. I'm still inclined to wait till SDCC for the final verdict.

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Usually figures that are going to be available in both markets have both copyrights and keep them. Hasbro/Takara have a joint operations with Transformers. It would not be right for them to remove the copyright. Just downright disrespectful. (Although I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to both agree on it.) I simply don't see it happening. So most if they are available in both regions have both companies names on them. And why not? Both companies share in the cost and development. Seems only right.

Which brings up a interesting question... did Hasbro not contribute anything at all to Breakdowns cost? Nothing? Not even the initial production or concepts? Really? That is hard to believe. They seem to share so much with each other...

Then again maybe since Hasbro isn't planing on releasing (this version) they figured they would just let Takara have this one. Dunno. Seems to make sense though. If you have no intentions of bringing the figure to your market you don't need to have your stamp. Of course this can be changed if they DO decide to bring it over. Just update the mold markings.

I wouldn't write it off yet... but this certainly isn't making it look good. For now anyways.

16. Sumner Sturgeon

I was never all that hopeful for a US release to begin with, but at the same time, it seems like there's just not quite enough info to make a final decision yet. It definitely doesn't look good, as you said, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until we get official word.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This makes no fucking sense.

If he's only being sold by Takara, WHY was he first shown at a Hasbro convention??

See, this is why I'm still holding out hope.

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    How do we know theese are asia exclusives when they havent even been released yet and we cant say breakdown wont make it to the US/UK until hasbro/takara confirms it

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Seems like the 2 versions I want, I preorderd under correct pretenses. Cyrus Breakdown and Jet Vehicon. Beats driving around looking for them :p 

I'll wait for clearer pics of production Unicron to decide if I'm getting that one.

20. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Hasbro might have originally had interest but then when they realised the character was going to be written off the show and since the figure is a Voyager price point they might have decided to skip it. (At least the normal version. They might still release Silas Version later). So they showed it off initially and then probably shortly after at some point decided to just not bother.

Of course this is speculation. Since Hasbro hasn't stated anything officially themselves... But the no copyright is REALLY looking bad at this point. It really looks like he wont be coming in that version. And if he is later as a repaint they will just add the copyright then. We can pretty much expect at this point since there is no Hasbro Copyright we are NOT getting this version.