Prime Breakdown KO?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Sep 21, 2012.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I have been on the hunt for Breakdown at a good price. I recently found two sellers (seemingly the same seller) had him on ebay for about 65.00 shipped. I was thrilled! Next I was looking into Fansproject Insecticons and was warned that KOs were out there. I noticed the same seller that had the KO Insecticons is also selling the reasonable Breakdown. I also noticed that they seem to have an endless supply of Breakdown, as many have sold and they keep stocking. Anyone know anything about a KO Breakdown?

Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-12 War Breakdown MISB | eBay

and

Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM12 War Breakdown MISB | eBay

2. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

I am ALWAYS weary of products from China. I know I have received KO instead of the real deal a couple times. It takes so long to get sometimes that its past the time you can file a complaint for refund.

3. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I think that's a legitimate Breakdown. They may be selling a few KOs, but both sellers are also offering quite a few TFs. Plus, I've heard no talk of a KO Breakdown.

4. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

would Breakdown even be worth KOing?

nice toy and stuff, but if you're going to do that then a prime repainted as nemesis prime or an ultra magnus would likely sell more units, and offers more repaintability.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Or maybe Breakdown isn't that scare, and a lot of sellers are chancing their arms on the price?

6. LadyStarscream

I didn't think so myself. But I didn't think KOing a 3rd Party Insecticon would be worth it either and that happened.

7. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    It's legit.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    if you're weary of fraudulent and KO stuff from China, why dont you buy from trusted site sponsors? would t it be better to pay slightly more for peace of mind?

9. LadyStarscream

Breakdown is sold out on BBTS and TF Source.
    I wasn't weary of the auction until I was reading about the Insection KOs and it freaked me out coming from the same seller.

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Most KO companies will not take the time nor care. to bother releasing KO TF toys that match the original toy,colors & box to the exact extents.

Even those so called high quality KO TF G-1 toys can be spotted a mile away. when you open then up the sticker sheets are cut like a one year old did them. they don't apply enough factory glue to the inner blister card card board backers. those with diecast parts don't get enough paint apps on them. sometimes they'll color the faction symbol in the wrong colors. the heat sensitive faction symbols are impossible to recreate in a professional pasabble manner.

I have a high quality KO TF G-1 Scourge. with a red decepticon faction symbol sticker instead of the normal purple decepticon paper sticker.

11. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've ordered from China a few times - as long as you're careful you shouldn't have a problem. That figure's legit.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

MISB, it's probably real.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Prices have been going down on this guy. It's legit.

14. LadyStarscream

I still find it odd that one seller would have 50+ of this guy available now.

15. Manchester3

Manchester3 Well-Known Member

You will find someone in China/Asia stocking a large number of breakdown is because believe it or not, breakdown is a shelf warmer here...(at least in HK)
    When the shops drop the prices, some people see it as an opportunity to pounce and sell it to other parts of the world that has a higher demand.

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    That's a pretty good price for Breakdown - it's actually cheaper with shipping than what I paid TFSource...

It looks legit. It's quite possible that Breakdown is common in the Asian market.

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's tempting, plus i do quite like building the microns.

18. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    DUDE!!! ...You and me both bought from the same person, I ordered a 1st edition Cliffjumper figure from this person about 3 weeks ago, and as soon as cliffjumper was out of stock all the sudden he was re-stocked up to 4 cliffs again..I was like.."whut?" Plus the figure hasn't even arrived since I ordered him on the 4th of this month, but I could be over re-acting since he was from china, and the package did just got delivered in the state yesterday apparently my package with, Cliffjumper just left, L.A.

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I see he only has 9 available. I'd spring for him if I didn't already have him. My only deal with ordering from China is by the time the figure arrives to my front door, the box looks like its been to hell an back. One time a seller mailed the figure to me in a brown paper bag! All the way from china no less!

20. LadyStarscream

I would give it another week or two before you panic. I only bought mine this week so I am not expecting it for awhile, but let's keep in touch about it. Their feedback was good, I wasn't at all concerned until I saw them selling the KO Insecticons coupled with the constant restocks of their products.

Yes, 9 available but 32 sold, plus they are selling under multiple accounts.