Prime being a Knight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jmac703, Jun 24, 2017.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Seems like a Knight is just anyone who's meant to serve and protect Quintessa.

2. jmac703

jmac703 Well-Known Member

Great theory, but all the Primes except Optimus and Sentinel were killed by the Fallen. Also Lockdown tells Optimus your Creators want you back - plural, suggesting there is more than one, and if the Creators are Primes, this would mean others live.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

does it piss anyone else off that they made a big deal about the dinobots being knights in aoe but they were basically forgotten when the world's fate was hanging in the balance?

switching writers so often hurt these films so much & that's on bay, sorry, i love you bay, but you gotta get a handle on that ****

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Can't say it actually angers me, but from the moment they threw that bit into AOE I didn't really care for it. They didn't do or say anything... "knightly". It seems such a poor fit for the Dinobots to be Knights, especially with them acting feral most of the time. One wonders if they could even handle piloting the Knightship across the galaxy.

Maybe the term "Knight" still means something we don't know yet, and the Dinobots are some kind of lower dumb knight compared to the actual 12 Guardian Knights.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Lol at thinking Continuity matters at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jmac703

Great theory, but there is evidence that kind of disproves this.

Lockdown tells Optimus that his Creators want him back - plural.

The Fallen killed all the (original) Primes, so either the Creators aren't Primes, or there are many more Primes that even the Fallen wasn't aware of.

Plus Quintessa is tiny for a transformer.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

There are many tiny Transformers like Alice, Cogman, Wheelie and Brains. Quintessa could've lied about others as the Knights called her the Great Deceiver.

Lockdown certainly didn't know everything as he believed he had caught all the Knights that were alive. Steelbane left the main group of the Knights of Iacon returning when Cybertron was headed for Earth.

8. jmac703

Slightly off topic, but ignoring the theory the the creators evolved into the Primes, where did the Primes come from? Primus or the Creators?

9. Grimlock00

Grimlock00 New Member

So when Quintessa brings cybertron back into the solar system, why does the planet seem visibly smaller compared to when we first see cybertron in DOM

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grimlock00

Grimlock00 New Member

Technically the primes were created by Primus but if we go by the Bay films, most likely the creators since the creators covered thousands of planets in molten metal 65 million years ago

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original explanation in the movie universe was that the Allspark created them, though that was just the comics. Primus hasn’t yet shown up in the movie universe (as far as I remember).

Of course the real world explanation of why the Allspark/Creators/Primes/Quintessa thing needs some clarification is that previous stuff has been somewhat disregarded, or at least new stuff added without very much thought given to how it connects to the previous movies. It creates confusion rather than mystery, and any explanation that can really reconcile everything will be contrived and convoluted.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  12. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

So far, in my opinion this is the best we can do to reference Prime's "Knighthood". I think this also explains the Dinobots. No one ever said the Dinobots were knights. We just assume that since Lockdown said "I collected all the knights" but that doesnt have to refer to them. He mentioned before that the room they're in is for the "Worst of the worst". Kind of like his trophy case. Maybe he just locked Optimus up next to his most prized trophies: the Dinobots.

That dumb Hasbro timeline mentions the beasts in the "Beast era" as barbarians, just like how Grimlock looks like one. So maybe Dinobots are the film universe's Predacons from TF Prime, then the Knights came in a created order.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The Knights of Cybertron mean nothing in the IDW comics, so there's no way it could mean anything in the movies.

It sounds cruel, but in the comics all it did was give Hot Rod and his crew a goal to aspire to. And so far, nothing has come of it; they're like the Hebrews wandering in the desert for 4 decades looking for the Promised Land.

• Like Like x 1
  14. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on the movies, they're called the Knights of Iacon which is a more interesting title for me.

But you're right, the IDW comics still keep the Knights of Cybertron as some sort of mystery that we have no idea about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    The entire "Knights" theme doesn't really fit the Bayverse and I won't mind if the writers decides to scrap the entire "knight" theme in whatever the next movie would be.

I just wonder of why Optimus just can't simply be a plain Autobot Leader. The entire "knight" thing that's going on with Optimus in the post-DOTM movies went out of nowhere; It's just weird, out of place, and just seems more like another attempt to make Optimus to be more "special" than what he is.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Grimlock00

Grimlock00 New Member

Hopefully in TF6 the director can explain primes origins and how he became a knight and prime clearly and fit the allspark and quintessa