Minor/Repaint: Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zigholtul, May 18, 2014.

1. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Paints Used:
    - Argent Silver Acrylic
    - Black Gloss Acrylic
    - Gold Metallic Acrylic
    - Metallic Copper (mix of orange gloss, gold metallic and silver metallic)
    - Orange Gloss Acrylic
    - Yellow Gloss Acrylic

When the 2014 batch of Prime figures were first shown I was really upset at the extreme simplified nature of them. Even less paint apps and a severe lack of articulation really put me off on it. I know that these are supposed to be aimed at even younger children but that is no excuse. As adults we really underestimate the intelligence of kids and I think they are more capable of figuring out things than what we give them credit for. That being said here is what is arguably not only the best figure from that batch but possibly the best Prime Predaking we've ever gotten. Now this is how you pull off a simplified figure while still maintaining decent articulation and sculpting. Not only that but this is by far the largest voyager figure I have ever handled. Seriously this guy is like the Animated/ROTF Lockdown of this size class and really makes everyone else look puny by comparison. The added weapons easily outclass any others that came with the other Predaking figures, especially the flaming sword which looks utterly bad ass. Heck I'm so in love with this figure that I'm even considering buying another one to repaint into Cryotek which is gonna be a pain in the ass to pull off considering I have to yet again create more custom paint and given the size of this figure is gonna require a ton.

Beast Mode:
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 01 by zigholtul88, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 02 by zigholtul88, on Flickr

Robot Mode:
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 03 by zigholtul88, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 04 by zigholtul88, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 05 by zigholtul88, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Transformers Prime Beast Hunters 2014 Predaking 06 by zigholtul88, on Flickr

Attached Files:

2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Now that is sick.

3. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks mate, I ended up using a ton of paint on this one and it definitely paid off in the end.

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

wait this is the voyager? i thought it was the ultimate version. any case, this is one seriously sweet piece of work. great job.

5. Jertallica

Jertallica Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well done and very accurate. Love the details. Really does the figure justice.

6. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly cannot believe it myself. The thing just towers over other figures and looks so bad ass in the process. This is what the rest of the 2014 Beast Hunters figures should have looked like. Simple but not taking away any of the core articulation that we take for granted nowadays. The modified wings, dragon head articulation, and back legs really make this figure more than just an upscaled cyberverse.

Yeah I did not like the smoky clear plastic look it originally had so luckily I managed to fix that up.

7. gtrslngr1981

gtrslngr1981 Well-Known Member

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! So clean and beautiful! Perfect paint apps. That sword! I' m blown away at how beautiful your work is. Simply a piece of effort to be extremely appreciated.

8. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    I said it on Facebook and it bears repeating here: you made this mold shine. Clean apps and great work!

9. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    pretty sweet looking king right there

10. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Fantastic!

11. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

Damn that looks good hasbro could of had my money if they just gave this thing a decent paint job

12. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Expecting kick ass paint jobs from Hasbro (and sometimes Takara) is a pipe dream my friend. That being said Hasbro would probably make more money from adult collectors if their figures had just a little more paint applied to them.

13. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool

14. castrobabble

castrobabble Well-Known Member

What a beautiful job! I recently did this figure, but kept the color scheme similar to the original.

Did you take the figure apart to paint? It looks like you airbrushed...did you give it a flat black primer first?

15. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well mate I basically just painted most of the figure over with gloss black acrylic, added in the details, applied a thin layer of Future Finish and that was it. It definitely took a while but it was worth it.

16. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    That's awesome.

17. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Great paintjob, and man, matey mate, this figure really might just be better than the more expensive big version of Predaking. I need to get one.

18. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

nice

19. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Stellar work!

20. Zigholtul

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I may never obtain the $60 version but I still prefer this one. Who would have ever thought that with the proper paint job you can make something that was designed for young children in mind into something a little more badass.

Thanks mates, I always tend on putting out work that's as great as I can make it.