Prime Arms Micron AMW-01, 02 and 03 Dark Matter Calibur/Cleaver (Pics heavy)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SydneyY, Jul 11, 2012.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got these little guys from a very helpful and generous TFW member, Masabon. These Arms Microns are due out later this month, and the same wave includes recolours of C.L. (Cliffjumper's micron), Baro (Skywarp's) and Zida (Terrorcon Cliff's). These three were released in advance at Next generation World Hobby Show at the ned of last month.

[​IMG]

AMW-01 Gab (horseshoe crab?)
    [​IMG]

I started building this guy first and he was simple enough. Nothing tricky except for applying the stickers. Stickers are paper, but durable enough to stand peeling on and off a couple of times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapon mode (double blade)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMW-02 Dai (crocodile)
    [​IMG]

Another simple one. The sticker for the eye is super tiny, but so far it's staying on. When I saw promotional images, I had no idea what he was supposed to be. In person, he does look like a little croc. My favourite of the three.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapon mode (rocket launcher)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AMW-03 Bal (falcon)
    [​IMG]

Smooth and fun assembling the microns so far (I am a fan of Arms Micron concept)...until this one.
    Putting the wings on required some hard pushing. The result was quite fun looking little falcon with a mono-eye.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapon mode (wide blade)

I noticed something was wrong when I first turn Bal into his weapon mode. One of the wings did not fold in, and there was a gap. On closer inspection I found that I attached one of the pieces - the piece which connects the wing to the body - wrong way.
    As I mentioned, it was very hard to push the part into the body and the wing. Taking it off was harder, and unfortunately I broke the piece :cry 
    [​IMG]

the image above shows the correct way (after I glued the piece back). I am sure you guys aren't as stupid as me, but just in case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gab+Dai+Bal = Dark Matter Calibur/Cleaver (not sure how the name should be...)
    [​IMG]

Combination is secure and the size of this weapon is impressive!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Scourge's arm joints weren't strong enough to hold it very well.

[​IMG]

All in all, simple and fun set of minicons (except for Bal, I'm going to get a replacement when these are mass released). I didn't try myself but I am sure these will give more variations to Arms Micron weapon combinations.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Sweet!

Waiting anxiously for the retail versions to come out.

3. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Sydneyy, you are not stupid, don't call yourself that. I do break some of the things during transformation etc, as much as we try to be careful as collectors. I guess let's be thankful that these arms micron aren't too expensive to get replacement, just try not to break things like henkei wildrider etc, otherwise it'll feel terribly painful.

Had these guys on preorder. Looking forward to get them and combine them into a bigger sword too. They look good!

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Man, Syd, great review! I was in love with the cleaver, now known as Fal, for a while. Just when I thought weapons couldn't get more ridiculous, here comes Takara with a meat cleaver! Hmm, maybe it'll go with Silverbolt's spoons!

5. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Me, too! I still haven't got AM Terrorcon Cliffjumper and very looking forward to obtaining his minicon. They should be out in a couple of weeks in Japan.

Thank you for that :)  If I broke Wildrider I'd crawl into my bed and wouldn't come out for a week. Good thing I don't have one - I did break my Classics Rodimus :redface2: 

Thank you!! That one does look useful for cooking, doesn't it? :D 

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Do you have any version of Classics Grimlock, Syd? I'd like to see how he looks holding the combined sword.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Nice review, want!

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

God, I want Butcherbird.

9. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmm. can't think of too many Cons big enough to weild this jimmyjammer. Maybe once Thundertron or Dreadwing come out

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I really like these.

Hey....can someone post some pics of them with Music Label Soundwave, if anyone can. I might make some little partner customs out of them when they come out and want to know how they look before hand.:) 

11. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review and pics! It's nice to see clear pictures on which way these are supposed to be facing in beast mode!

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I sold my Grimlock off long time ago, I am sorry :(  The sword is 5.5 inch long from the tip od the blade to the hilt (not including the joint) if it helps.

That's the thing - some deluxe figures should look great with a huge sword, but the arm joints need to be strong to hold the weight. I'm going to give it to United Black Optimus for now.

Meat cleaver/Butcherbird....you guys make him sound better and better :) 

I don't have him, either :(  Sorry. Is he much smaller than G1 mould? If no one posts any photos I'll post some comparison pics with G1 cassettes.

Thank you :) 

Thank you, too!

13. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is Knockout finding a relic which never appears at the show

[​IMG]

Got quite a few problems with the stickers, the stickers that forms the shiny parts of sword doesn't stay on. While there are already improvements with the stickers with the AM figures, think Takara got to further fine tune and got to learn that folding the stickers at the edges of the sword doesn't work at all or either that use a very much thinner stickers. Phew...had a really hard time getting those stickers to stay.

Hi Sydney....I am really the stupid one, despite, seeing your posting on the thread, I still made the same mistake with the Cleaver Arms Micron. In the end, I had to put it in boiling water and tried to remove pieces and re-attach them correctly again....there are some stress marks here and there but manage to salvage it

14. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just assembled mine -- I agree that the stickers are a B!TCH to attach! The edges are gone and gonna be replaced by silver paint.

[​IMG]

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I guess I got lucky when I assembled my Fal. The pic in the instructions were very small and I couldn't really tell which way the rod to attach the wings went. Cool little guy, I didn't get the the other two, but it's tempting.

16. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    finally got my set yesterday and assembled them. This stickers look a little tacky and eventhough I was very careful when I put them together there are stress marks all over. Are there any tips to prevent that? Its mostly on the parts that "plug" into other pieces, like the wings on the falcon. Might try to get another set and consider this a practice run.

17. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Boiling water. Damn, why didn't I think of that :(  I used brute force, then a bit of hair dryer, which was too late. I'll be receiving a replacement Bal soon though, I'll be triple careful :redface2: 

I honestly don't think takTom took much care for the sticker quality. The first wave of AM series had foil stickers which pleased me greatly, then they switched to paper one.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Question: Can you use Junkion Blacksmith upgrade parts to give it a long Handle ?

I think with a Long handle butted on it would work with the likes of MP Grimlock quite well too.

19. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes you can. Heck, you can even substitute the entire JB infinity warfare blade portion with the dark matter calibur sword. Ü

20. ricomb

ricomb New Member

Can't seem to find this anywhere. Do you have any idea where I can still get my hands on them?