Prime Arcee QC issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pun-3X, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Saw Kaymac's thread about his 'Bee and decided to share my issue.

Found Arcee and Screamer today. Screamer's perfect--no complaints. Arcee has a problem with the neck base, in that it can't transform up. Apparently, the outer hinge portion that holds/pins the base hinge is severely stressed. Actually, the whole area is, but those parts in particular also appear to be malformed. One side just looks badly shaped, and I know it's all getting in the way of letting the base flip up to let the head come out. No matter how much I pull on it, it won't come up. Watched reviews and that piece is supposed to flip out pretty smoothly.

I'll just have to wait until TRU gets more in stock and trade it in as defective. This will likely (hopefully!) be a random issue, but I figured sharing would be a good idea regardless.

Pic attached of the problem in question.

Attached Files:

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... which is why most of our toys like to be wined & dined before they get played with.

Seriously though, this is the 1st I've heard of the issue, so hopefully it's just a random issue.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    My copies head comes out just fine so it may be just a random issue!:thumb  I hope you can get another Arcee figure that has better quailty!

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it may be miss pinned, my offshoot that came with mp rodimus was at the waist and couldn't transform, and i had to remove the pin and put it back where it belonged

5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a major problem for the base hinge, i guess is up to luck when we purchase our Arcee

6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully we never see this again and I just happened to get the bad one. For as much as I can transform the toy, it certainly looks great. I'll definitely be trading in for a new one once TRU gets new stock.

7. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

i had a mis fired pin in the foot...

Attached Files: