Prime arachnid figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by scoobsterinc, Apr 6, 2012.

1. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    She looks cool and all but I hope some thrid party makers makes some leg extensions for her back legs

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I don't care that much. I'll just use them as melee arms that she's killed with in the show.

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    She's one of the least interesting transformations to me so I'll most likely give her a pass.

4. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I'm not sure how one can say that with such certainty when literally ALL we've seen of her so far is one incredibly blurry piece of stock photography.

Anyhow, I'm determined to enjoy her the way she is; it troubles me how many people were immediately going, "SAVE US, THIRD PARTIES!!1", as soon as we first saw her; it's like some folks can't enjoy a figure at all without 3rd parties anymore.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    that is pretty sad. it's funny too because the amount of third party items Vs. the amount of third party items REQUESTED is very unbalanced in a good way.

6. Razzer

Razzer Member

All things considered I think her fig could have turned out ...a lot worse. But I like that idea since i'll be getting her when she comes out.

7. HatRabies

HatRabies Banned

I'm pretty excited for Airachnid. I don't watch the show, but the grainy shots of her we've seen thus far have me interested in the figure.

The one scene of Transformers Prime I've actually watched is the Soundwave/Airachnid fight. So I can't just have one of the two!

8. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

9. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AH good. See i really don't care about this third party talk. But i think it's a sign everyone's thinking the same thing "this toy is majorly lacking".

Hasbro...The main body is cool enough. It's another (but rare) girl transformers. But lets face it. The reason we were all looking forward to her was because of spider legs.
    I hope it doesn't sell well and hope Hasbro clues in make another BETTER toy one with legs.

10. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

Ideally, I'd like to display Airachnid in her spider mode so here's hoping for a good 3rd part solution.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Except that, odds are, her not selling well will reinforce the long-held misconception that 'female characters don't sell well in boy's toy-lines' and we'll get shafted as a result.

Anyway, I'm totally looking forward to her, even just as her stock self. Do I wish the arms were better? Sure. Do I expect the arms to be better? No, because I know there's a fine balance between aesthetics and workable construction that needs to be achieved.