Primary Color Two-Packs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TehPaws, Sep 22, 2010.

1. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

I've only recently been seeing these around in a couple stores (Walmart, Target, etc.) so I don't know if there's already a thread on it.

Here's a couple examples (provided the links decide to work):
    Walmart.com: Transformers: Desert Ruins Brawl - Decepticon Brawl vs Jolt: Action Figures
    Transformers Deluxe Class: Crash Landing Attack : Target

What spawned the release of these things, anyway? The plastic comes across as cheap and almost blindingly bright in some cases. While some of the two packs are interesting ideas, the colors are somewhat out of place with, well, every other toy in the line. Any thoughts? (That Brawl in particular is hurting my brain with its kid friendly deco.)

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Oh my God, how dare they producing toys that appeal to kids.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yeah, these have been out for some time now. At least a month, I think. The Bumblebee is really aweful, but I kind of like the Brawl. He would go really well with this guy, I think: Divebomb - Movie Main Line - Transformers Resources. I'm not paying $17 for that set, but i'll pick one up if/when they go on clearance. I wouldn't mind paying the normal price for a deluxe figure.

I'm sure that the bright colors are specifically designed to grab the attention of kids. Bright colors on the toy/packaging are a sure way to get more notice and as a result increase the possibility of a purchase.

4. TehPaws

Haha. Nah, I'm not ranting or anything. But anything that has a deco so garish that I do a double-take is something to take notice of. Clearly they're intended for kids who aren't immediately attracted to the more "realistic" color schemes. But I admit that at first glance I asked myself if it was a KO...and then I came to my senses. =P

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got that Bumblebee/Thrust set for the Thrust, it's pretty nice.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm thinking if I am correct that these designs may have been some sort of fan recolor contest over in Asia. I remember seeing when that Thrust came out that it was a fan-submission color scheme. But my memory isn't as good as it used to be either.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just like exclusives, especially cheap ones. :D  I'd really like to meet the Hasbro person that picks the colors. He/she has quite an imagination, if not always the best use of colors. ;) 

8. TehPaws

I do like the Thrust figure. His colors are pretty out there, but they're snazzy. Shame he comes with YET ANOTHER BUMBLEBEE. But hey, the kids like the little yellow guy.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lulz.

I like the Brawl, he's suitably eyebendingily awful. I get a G2 vibe from him :D 

10. TehPaws

If his sheer firepower doesn't end you, his fashion sense will.