Primal Prime Titanium?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omegafix, Jul 17, 2007.

1. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    is this getting released or was it axed?

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Axed.

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Ouch. I was kinda looking forward to this one, too.

4. Foster

News Credits:
    I was meh at the news. Munky without munky mode was underwhelming.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I thought I read that Primal Prime, Soundblaster, WW Grimlock & WW Prowl were still happening (with the WW being the final wave of the line) and that WW Skywarp was the one that got the axe?

I mean, why would Hasbro put both Soundblaster and Primal Prime on their upcoming releases display at Botcon if they weren't going to still release them?

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I think you're right. Only Skywarp got axed. And I know for sure that WW Prowl and WW Grimlock are definitely coming.

7. Foster

News Credits:
    I could be misremembering what I heard at the panel, but it sounded like few retailers were even going to carry Titaniums anymore. It would be a shame to include Primal Prime on the little remaining shelf space instead of the new WW molds. Or Skywarp.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was left very confused at Botcon about the status of the remaining 6" Titaniums (aside from SDCC Menasor). While the line is most definitely cancelled, there was some confusion about where it will actually be cut off... they didn't seem sure themselves, as they were looking at each other for guidance as they tried to answer the question.

When someone asked where the line would be cut off, they indicated we would get WW Prowl and WW Grimlock. They also said it was a challenge to get the retailers to buy them because they're not selling as well, and that they would probably be difficult to find.

When another question was asked later, about the potential for other 6 inchers, they said Skywarp was not happening, but maybe the Soundwave redeco would. Primal Prime didn't come up in the panel; but as mentioned above, it was in the display of upcoming products.

My advice is, if you want these and you see someone list preorders for them, jump.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that was my understanding based on what I read on this site and heard from a couple of friends whom went.

Personally I'm waiting for BBTS to list new preorders for the final waves I don't really care about Primal Prime myself (sense he's missing the one mode that makes him Primal), but I want Soundblaster, Grimlock and Prowl. Hopefully we'll see these guys at least at BBTS and other e-tailers.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, Botcon was pretty damn confusing when it came to Titanium.
    I'm still wondering if we'll ever see 3" Cliffjumper, Sunstreaker, Soundwave, and Nemesis Prime, let alone the other nine they listed in the mini-catalogue.
    DN

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Well, that's silly. Remaining original seeker or Soundblasterpants? While I actually LIKE Soundwave, Skywarp is a definite buy, Soundblaster not so much. Was looking forward to Primal Prime too having skipped OpOp. Never got the original version of the former and was anticipating this as a substitute.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I've seen the WW Prowl, but have we seen any pics of WW Grimlock?

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Sucks... the only reason I got Titanium Starscream was because Skywarp was on the way. And when I heard (and then saw) that Ravage was included with Soundblaster, I really wanted him, I love when Japan-only characters are given a chance state-side. I remember when I saw Optimal in Walmart I debated on getting it or not because I wanted Primal Prime more, glad I went ahead and got it now with his repaint's cancellation.

14. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Its not definately cancelled, read through the thread. As far was we know, Skywarp is the only axed 6"er from the mini-catalogue.
    As for Soundblaster, heck, we were even going to get a 3" version of him, but at this point I seriously doubt we'll see him outside of his 6" incarnation.
    DN

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, both Soundblaster and Primal Prime were on display at BotCon. We've seen pictures of Prowl, but not Grimlock or Skywarp. Some reports say Skywarp was definitively cancelled, while others claim the Hasbro guys had no idea he even existed. Pity, since I bought Starscream with the intention of getting TC and Skywarp to complete the set. I really don't want to have to go back to G1 to get a proper set of matching Seekers.

16. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original would have been perfect if you could replace Primal's face with Megatron to have a show accurate version from the BM finale :p 

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    CJ, Sunstreaker, and Soundwave just got added to the Transformers.com product listings in the past few days. So that should mean they'll be released. (Should, mind you.)

As for BotCon, I understood the Hasbro team to say that they thought "the ones in the display case" (meaning Soundblaster and Primal Prime) plus Prowl and Grimmy would be released. I agree, though, that they didn't seem completely sure -- not entirely surprising since they aren't in direct control of the Titanium line. I definitely remember Greg Lombardo saying, "they'll probably be hard to find, though." (So, par for the Titanium course, really.)

I know I'm keeping a hawkeye on the HTS listings.

18. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Those 3-inchers have been listed for a while now, its give me hope, but not much, maybe they'll end up like exclusives like the last two alts did.
    DN

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You know.... in regards to the remaining 6-in. Titaniums, I wonder why they don't just make them online exclusives. If brick-and-mortar stores are having trouble getting them to move, why bother even stocking them? Keep 'em all in the Hasbro warehouses, and make them "collector exclusives" like Pepsi Prime.

After all, they're not very good as "toys," so it's really only collectors buying them anyway. And collectors would be web-savvy enough to seek them out. Plus, nothing makes people clamor for an item like slapping the word "exclusive" on it.

I'm not saying this is a viable way to CONTINUE the line, but it might be a better way to clear out the stock of remaining, unreleased figures.

But what do I know, I'm not an accountant or a businessman.... smarter folks than I have already strategized about this at Hasbro, I'm sure. :p