Minor/Repaint: PRiD Nightbeat- Completed

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bellpeppers, Aug 15, 2012.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Well, if it makes you feel any warmer and fuzzier, after years of viewing tons of customs online, it's the only custom I want to attempt to make. I like it because it's so "factory stock-ish." You just swap some parts around, add some paint and voila! The toy looks so good it could pass as an official piece.

Please don't wrack your brains over the antennae parts. I'm sure I could find a suitable substitute.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ok... but haven't you ever had something that is bugging you and you just want to resolve it- for your own sake?

But yeah- this custom was such an obvious need-to-do. I'm surprised Hasbro didn't make this Hotshot an actual Nightbeat. The blue color was there... the flames were there... a yellow figure from the same mold was there...

One thing I do remember- be careful when swapping the legs. That pin can complicate matters. While the knees are fine on the custom, I recall the pin breaking one of the knees on Bumblebee.

Another recollection: when taking apart Hotshot's body for painting / part swapping, the body upper torso went back together fine but lost whatever mechanism was in place to make it easier.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    If I have the free time to resolve something, yes, I'll resolve it.

Thanks for the warnings and tips!