Minor/Repaint: PRiD Megatron WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MechaKnight, May 1, 2012.

1. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

Ok, so here is to my first successful modifications! I'm new to kitbashing, but I've been interested in it for awhile. I'm even expecting a brand new airbrush within a week or so and I've been buying crafts supplies left and right!

So, this modification was inspired/based off of the talented Zildjian's work in making my own Megatron taller, but instead of Styrene (cause I suck at cutting it), I used some Epoxy Putty.

First things first, I stuck it to his feet for some extra height, about a 1/4 of an inch.

[​IMG]

And to follow up, I tried talking to Mr. Zildjian about the leg extensions but I couldn't quite figure out the exact details of what he did, so I decided to wing it and cut just below where his hips connected and stuck another 1/4 inch slab of epoxy putty onto them (taking extra care to make sure they were as symmetrical as possible.)

[​IMG]

After the epoxy has fully cured, I'll sand it down and attempt to replicate the details as best as I can before eventually getting to the paint job. I'm not sure entirely yet because I'm paranoid, but I don't think I damaged his ability to transform. But so far, I like the overall result!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really liking how well he sized up compared to Powerizer OP! I just got him in the mail this day too so it couldn't have worked out better. As for the scale, I used reference from the Season 1 DVD as best as I could.

I also intend to make a scratch built fusion cannon.

Attached Files:

2. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

That's looking great! I can't wait to see more!