PRID Deluxe Accessories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seekerblackout, Mar 8, 2012.

1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Anyone else like how personal these seem? One thing I hated about Mechtech- even though I thought it was ok was that the weapons were a bit...generic. For PRID, at least with the Deluxes, the weapons are personal and fit each character. I mean- Wheeljack has his swords, Soundwave has Laserbeak, Bumblebee has blasters, Cliffjumper has a carbine rifle with a hammer mode that looks like he slapped an engine block onto a rod, which is a crudeness that fits Cliff. Anyway, Ratchet has Scalpel blades, Arcee has a rifle and a blade, the Vehicon seems to have a large arm blaster, Knockout has a prod and Hot Shot has 'Bee's blasters. Thoughts on PRID Deluxe Accessories? And what accessories would you want upcoming figures to come with?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I would'nt be surprised if the japanese transformers fans are interested in importing our versions due to those character specific weapons.

Also it seems we are getting wheeljack first.

All the Prime RID weapons are fine, until we get to Optimus Prime and bulkhead.
    Thier character specific sure. But the action feature has become much more intrusive than mechtech. They would have been more acceptable for me if they had some sculpted detail of another weapon mode.

Bulkheads Mace does change into a blaster on the show.

megatrons has a nice work around do the seperation between blades and the gearing. But perhaps that's why a lot of people are happier with megatrons fusion cannon. It accomplishes two weapon modes.
    and a lot of characters on Prime have a melee weapon and a blaster. The cyberverse legions seem to have considered that. And RID cliffjumper has a Hammer that can also be some kind of beam laser.
    Hopefully as we go along we will get figures that have all the characters arsenal represented.

A third party could make a bunch of show accurate 5mm port weapons easily as a Prime collection upgrade kit. Even to the extent of giving wheeljack a grenade holster.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No one else?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think the deluxes are all fine.

It's the Voyagers' weapons that get my butt hairs in a tangle. Megatron's not a problem, but a massive block of nothing with a weak little mace on top is not a weapon.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I think it won't be too bad with the spring taken out.