pricing question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl2000, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm trying to find a prices for G-1 Jazz, Tracks, Sideswipe and Inferno MISB, except for SideSwipe, but these are the Gold Box classics from the late 80's early 90's. Ebay has been no help to me. Anyone seen these things sell in recent months?

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I tried a google search and only came up with an OP gold box...

Rare Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME G1 Gold Box 1991 Hasbro | eBay

It went for $133.50 with 2 bids.....

Maybe...kinda go off of that? Sorry, I know its not the ones you were looking for, but unfortunately, that was the only one I could find that included box and figure.

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Could be close. Hard to judge the sealed items off that, however. I have a gold boxed jazz and i'm curious about the pricing on it too.

4. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like the gold box variants of the G1 TF's and collect them myself, partly because they are are relatively cheap to acquire MISB compared to original G1 MISB items. As I live in Europe, these are also relatively easy to acquire over here.

I very recently bought a MISB gold box Springer for €75.00 (~ $105.00). A little longer ago (about a year ago), I bought Sludge and Snarl, both in MISB gold box, each for €100 (~ $140). And I was able to buy a MISB Hot Spot from a fellow TFW2005 member for $100. Of course, these were all molds which have never (yet) been rereleased by Hasbro, while the ones you are inquiring about have all been rereleased. As far as rereleased molds, I did buy a MISB gold box Inferno for $80, but that was in 2009.

I'd say because Jazz, Tracks, Sideswipe and Inferno have been re-released, prices between $75 - $100 a piece should be manageable. Sideswipe a little less of course if he's no longer MISB.

Some Classic (gold box) G1 Transformers currently available through eBay:
    MISB Inferno
    MIB Tracks
    MIB Jazz
    Mind you, all of these are BIN prices, and seem high-ish to me. I also can't find many comparable finished auctions on eBay...

If you are selling these, I'd be interested in buying a couple of them (especially Tracks) for a decent price (if you'd be willing to ship to Europe). If so, shoot me a PM!

5. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thanks for the replies. I remember about 8 years ago this version of figures were plentiful on ebay. I almost had a Sunstreak and Wheeljack.