Pricing Question about Brave Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Triformis, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I know a dude who has a Brave Maximus for sale. My holy grail has always been Fort. Max., but if I can get this one for a good deal (and I might be able to), I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. A Max. is better than no Max. Here are the specs:

[​IMG]

"I have an awesome Brave Maximus (Fortress Maximus reissue) with Headmasters (Cerebros). He is not complete: missing radar, spike, 2 ramps and small gun. He is a massive toy and would be great piece to any Transformers collection.

Please see attached picture. I am asking $150 or best offer."

What do you think, fellow fans? Good deal? Bad deal? Is the price decent in light of the missing accessories? LMK! Thanks!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $150 seems kind of steep to me considering all that he's missing. Try to get him to go lower.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, USD$150 is abit steep for all those missing parts...I don't know the going rate of Brave Max in the USA but the recent going rate for a MIB one in my country is around between USD$150 to USD$170 - if I remember correctly. Oh yeah, there should be a "city lay-out" poster too...

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Id get that bastard if he's in minty shape.
    He's hard to find for under 300 and you can find those extra parts off ebay over time.
    Brave Max is fkn awesome!

5. Triformis

Hmmmm...so 2 votes against (for that price) and 1 vote for it. And I have found that all 3 of you know what you're talking about for the most part....hmmmm.....keep it comin'!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wouldn't do it. I mean, I have FM and I LOVE the bastage. he rocks my world! but a brave max @ 150 with well over half his accessories missing? no way jose, if you figure that it'll cost you proly 40-70 for spike, 15 each for the ramps... that adds up really quick and a MIB complete one shouldn't be but what, in the $250 range? you're basically paying the same as it'd cost to get one that has a minty box, paperwork and EVERYTHING it should... so I'd say nu-uh.

7. Triformis

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but it's really hard to judge prices on stuff sometimes when you don't have any basis. I have yet to spend more than $60 on any one TF (and I've got some very nice TFs, it's all about patience and timing). Thankfully, I have an entire board filled with fans to help me out!

So, what would be a reasonable counter-offer, oh great price lords? $80? I really don't know...I'm usually great at haggling, but, like I said, when it comes to high-priced TFs, I'm out of my league.

8. infinitesadness

infinitesadness Huh?

150 is kinda steep, so i would pass. But if you are really thinking of haggling, $80 would really be pushing it i think.

Try $100, if not he says no... then up it to wateva price u see fit.

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I'd pass. The price is about right for what it's missing, but individual Brave Max parts are harder to track down than Fort Max parts, and are still expensive. Better to just hold off and buy a minty complete one and save yourself the hassle.

If you're making him an offer, I wouldn't personally pay more than $100. Not worth it otherwise. That may mean starting the haggling lower and working your way up to that.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I definitely would pass on it. My personal motto on buying used toys is that they have to be 100% complete. You don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to track down the pieces to complete it.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pass!

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Send it to Rattrap... just to fuck with him.

13. sleddogg83

sleddogg83 Check out my 4 sale post

ive got a boxed one with repro guns for $200 if your'e interested

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I bought one for $135 when it was new, and I dont have a problem keeping all the pieces. That thing is missing every piece except for the head! His base mode is gonna look really weird with no ramps. I don't think it's worth it.

15. Triformis

All nice advice! Much-appreciated! I should have mentioned that, typically, with my TFs, I am very happy just have the fig., regardless, for the most part, of its condition. I'm not really rabid about having stuff complete or minty fresh, although it's always a nice bonus.

Now, that doesn't mean I collect junk. Most of my stuff is fairly complete/not falling apart, but I'm all about great deals. Still, I agree (more and more, how could I not with all this great advice?) that $150 is just too high and $100 might be the way to start out of the gate haggling-wise.

A tempting offer, to be sure. However, what I also didn't mention initially because it's not totally relevant is that I'll probably be trading him stuff for it and/or throwing in some cash. However, if I can talk him down to $100, then it'll be a straight trade 'cause the value of the stuff I have on the trading table is about $100. So, I'll pass for now, but thanks for the offer sleddogg83!

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I got my complete Brave Max for $140 shipped... I wouldn't get it if I was you, too many important missing parts that are practically impossible to find.