Pricing Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vermoozer, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Vermoozer

Vermoozer Life, Love and Robots

News Credits:
    I need a bit of help. I hope this is the right forum to post in. I am looking to liquidate about 300 transformers (I'm paring down my collection) from G1 to BW to Cybertron (and other stuff such as webdiver, macross and microman). Most of them are loose (except for some e-hobby exclusives), but are in good shape as they have been in display cases or storage boxes. I am wondering if there are any resources to determine values either online or in print. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Just depends on whichones you have and the condition of them. G1 will sell better then the others depending on which ones you have and with the movie about to come out most people are selling them

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I guess checking eBay would be a good bet. Check the already ended acutions for the items you wish to sell. Beyond that, I'm sure others may have other suggestions.

4. Vermoozer

Vermoozer Life, Love and Robots

News Credits:
    I will have to check ebay for some I guess. I just remembered coldhardslag.com has a pricing guide that connects to lees or toyfare. Is this still accurate, afterall, I was all about buying toys until recently and then my wife pointed out to me that I have a few too many. Thanks, I was just hoping for a magic bullet.

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I'm not sure if the guide in Lees was *ever* accurate? Looking at past eBay auctions is probably the best way to go.

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've got to agree with godsenddeath, the price guides seem to, usually, overestimate values. www.coldhardslag.com has electronic versions of Lees and Toyfare, but I'm not sure how up to date the prices are...and they sure are off the ebay mark often times.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll back Ebay also. TFs, like most collectibles, are worth what someone will pay for them. Ended auctions tell you just that.

As a back-up, I don't mind BBTS' vintage department as another reference--but Ebay should come first.

8. rid

rid Well-Known Member

eBay can be a good reference. Just keep in mind that eBay will give you the highest price you can expect to get. Not necessarily the most realistic price. Completed auctions show what a particular person was willing to pay (or maybe bid and not pay) but not necessarily what everybody would pay.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll jump on the ebay wagon here. If there's some you can't get a good estimate on then you can post a list (pics help) here and we can all give you our own estimate. Just probably not for all 300. :p 

10. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

While Ebay will give you high prices for your items, most people here arent willing to pay Ebay prices for anything. I mean Cybertron Leobreaker goes for like 75.00 on there and I've seen people sell him here for 12.00