Prices of deluxes back to normal at Target and Walmart(11.88)- Are you buying less?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragon516, Jan 19, 2011.

1. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got to admit, when deluxes were 9.00 during the holiday season, I wasn't buying more multiple copies of things. Now that they are 11.88, I am feeling the pinch of finishing out the new waves. Are the rest of the people out there buying less now with the prices back to 11.88?
    I looked at BBTS and they have the new RTS wave (Wreckgar, Optimus,Bumblebee and Perceptor) Price for set is 50 bucks. That plus shipping comes out to probably 14.00 or so a piece. I had a POL already so the added costs to put the four in was minimal (averaged to 13 bucks a piece) That is the same as retail after taxes. It almost seems silly for me to go to Target and Walmart to hunt if I can get it at BBTS for the same price and it is shipped directly to me. Just a thought....

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm buying less right now because there is nothing to buy at the moment! I am all caught up.

3. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

I've been trying to finish up the HFTD line but the deluxes I almost have all of them and for Generations I have all of them.

They need to stock up on the voyagers and the larger sized figures IMO.

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i was a bit more trigger happy in picking up figures when they were at 9.00 dollars. now i'm just paused until maybe another sale. i'm hoping for another sale with some of the newer stuff.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I havent seen anything new that I like since I got Tomahawk. I've been picky since the Beast Era ended, so prices mean little to me.

6. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will get excited and buy in store again when deluxes get to be $7.77 those were good times. With the Cyclonus, New Classics Re-deco Starscream.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah those were good Savage Times. Battle after battle, with the only dozens of Cheetors left on the pegs. I think we had a bunch of people camping out at Wal-Mart when those came out that price. But then the prices raised just at the time Ratchet and Hotshot were released.

8. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Dang I loved the $9 deal at target! I wasn't buying more with that deal than what I normally would (one of every new generations/rts figure that was out), but i felt less guilty about my spendings. O well

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I'm all caught up on retail figures that I want, that have been released. The higher prices of deluxes have made me a little more picky, but not so much that I'll pass up a figure I want w/ the hopes of saving a couple dollars later. I've been down that road before - it ends on eBay, or the Junkion.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I still need some Voyagers, so this isn't an issue.

Until I need Wreck-Gar, G2 Prime, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Jazz, and Bumblebee.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I passed on BB Bee today. Never saw him when they were 9. Oh well. I was going to buy more HFTD toys but will stick to the Classics style for 11.88. One thing I'd like to bring up a bit off topic, has anyone noticed Scouts are cheaper at TRU? or is it just mine?

12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I should have bought a bunch @ 9$...then exchange for the new waves....

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm only buying less cause my walmart is the only place within 45 minutes to buy toys... and they're still stocking Red Alerts, WFC Megatron/Soundwaves, HFTD Ravages and Elita-1s. They JUST put out Tomahawk and Terradive on the pegs, and I've only seen Tomahawk once... the day after I ordered him online. Already had Terradive. Sigh.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    A couple bucks here or there isn't really a deal breaker for me. When Jazz and Tracks started hitting, KMart and Kohls seemed to be the first places to get them around me, and figures (atleast at KMart) were $12.99. I plan on getting all the "classic" style figs no matter the retail cost, and 2-3 bucks isn't gonna make a whole world of difference when it comes down to getting em all. Now it may be the difference between 3 and 5 Wreck-gars and 3 and 5 Scourges.

I am also considering doing the BBTS thing, only thing stopping me right now is that I will probably be too excited to have something new and ship my POL before the rest of my preorder stuff comes in.

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Only because I pretty much got everything I'd wanted just before Christmas. As soon as the Kups and Wheeljacks and Wreck-Gars and other interests hit my area, I'll be picking up all over again.

Very happy that as many waves came out when they did--those were some good deals. Also mentioned in another thread discussing the price going back to ~$12 that at least it didn't INCREASE from that old rate.

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    The only reason I buy less now is because around here, there's nothing I want. Just the same old shelfwarmers. The only RTS I've seen at Wal-Mart is Battle In Space, and the HEB and Walgreens in town might have a Fallback or Mindset. I haven't been over to TRU lately, maybe this weekend, but I have a feeling until the new waves hit I'll stick to picking up classics off eBay.

17. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like a lot of others here the only reason I have cut back is because there isn't anything I need. I'm sure I won't think twice when I see those beautiful new Generations/RTS figures :D 

18. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Feh, whatever. If I find the new RTS and Gen. waves at Target or Walmart, I'll buy em. The price raise is no way new to me, after Christmas we are going back to normal price points. I never had a problem with deluxes at $12.99.

My biggest conflict is if I should buy them off BBTS now, or just wait until store resets and restocks.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Between getting caught up and feeling the pinch in my wallet overall for Transformers in general (not because of a silly $3 increase) I'm slowing down. If I'm ever at a point where an extra $3 is too much to handle, I'll probably have to quit this hobby :D 

20. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Nah, as long as they keep up with CHUG, I'll keep on buying