prices for tf's

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by transfan_seek, Apr 27, 2008.

1. transfan_seek

transfan_seek Well-Known Member

gday guys
    iv been hunting for a while now and the one thing i notice is that the prices in australia dont really match up with america or anywhere else in the world for that matter.
    you guys (in america) seem to pay $10 for a delux but over here they are $27 on average iv found them for $24 but thats the best so far

my question is that with the currently strong australian doller and import fees etc why do our tf's cost SO much more?

i just really want to know if any one can provide some insight

cheers heaps
    transfan_seek

2. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Because Hasbro doesn't care about the strength of your dollar? Up here in Canada, they go for $15, and we're right across the border. Our dollar's been a parity with the US dollar (or somewhere near) for at least 6 months.

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

actually, Nocturn, I'm almost positive that your dollar has overtaken the US dollar. Seriously, this country needs someone who understands economics to fix what's going on in the States. At this rate, I can't wait for the peso to be worth more!

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

There are multiple threads on this. TF's cost different amounts in different places for a variety of reasons, and not always good ones...

5. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    In the US, the prices arent written in stone. KB toys sells deluxes for $13 and Leaders for $50. Target has Deluxes for $12 and Leaders for $45. There arent a lot of stores that do Deluxes for 10, Voyagers 20, Ultras 30 etc... Those are just optimistic ballpark figures.

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Wasn't the answer from Hasbro Australia effectively "Because we can, being the importers of 99.9% of stock" ?

I find it's cheaper to order from overseas sites and pay an additional 50% shipping costs than to buy off-the-shelf in Australia.

7. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

I happen to know that $30,- = €18,..
    Deluxe= about €20,-
    Voyager = almost €30,-
    Leader = €50,-

poor me ;)