Prices and Getting Deals!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by SMS55, May 31, 2010.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

This is my first Botcon so I have alot of questions. When looking for toys to buy are the prices set by dealers it, or do they have wiggle room? Obviously I am not going to offer a guy half price for a Transformer, but if let's say you are a few bucks short at the end of the day, is there room to work something out? Also when I was younger I used to collect baseball cards and towards the end of the card shows dealers would lower prices to get rid of merchandise. Does this happen on Sunday? I'll only be able to make it on Sunday it looks like. I know if there is only a couple of a particular figure I want I better jump on it, but if there are plenty of another do sometimes the prices come down a bit?

2. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    More than likely good deals can be had for more common stuff but if your wanting say a G1 Shockwave sealed I doubt your getting it less than market value cause any day of the week I wouldnt let mine go for any less than 800.00 but thats me. Just scour the dealer room and guaranteed youll find good stuff which isnt just limited to Transformers even on that last sunday deal.

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I have been going to Botcon since 2000. I started going as a dealer in 2002. I have been hosting the parts party since 2001. Here is the low down and I am sure anyone who been will agree. If you are looking for something rare and the price is decent jump on it. Quickly get through the whole dealers room and then remember where the things you were interested are. The point being, you buy something and then go to the next dealer and find it cheaper. Happens, but to cut down, go to all the dealers first but you risk losing the item to someone else. If you do not like the price negotiate. I for one am not insulted with money. If I have someone for lets say $100 and you offer $50 chances are I will say no but you will not insult me. I do the same thing and all the dealers do the same thing. Try to get something for the cheapest price possible. Sunday is a great day as most dealers including myself do not want to pack everything back up again. So make offers. I know I have said it before but go to the parts party. You will find great deals from other fans. If you need more information or help feel free to pm me.