Pricecheck: Takara reissue Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CdnShockwave, May 11, 2008.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I've been sitting on this limited edition Takara reissue Trailbreaker for a few years now and I'm trying to decide whether open it and put Trailbreaker on my G1 Autobots shelve, or whether I should sell it and maybe buy a vintage one. The big question is price; if there isn't that much of a difference between this reissue and a complete vintage in good shape then there isn't much point.

How much would the reissue run for and how much would a mint complete vintage one cost?

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I know the last MIB Takara Trailbreaker I watched ended a 2 months ago landed on 112$ a MISb one you could easalie get atleast 150 or higher depending on condition on box.

I would love to make a offer for him but I dont have the fund s for that due to buissnes with other members.

a vintage one goes for what I have seen 70 if you want a good one without chrome damadge on the weapons and body parts.

3. CdnShockwave

Well, I got the Hoist and Trailbreaker. Boxes are in mint condition, both are MISB. Do you think selling them as a set would fetch a better price, or would, since Hoist was also done as a Hasbro reissue, it would be better off to sell Trailbreaker individually?

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    sell both individually. The hoist is not as near as expensiv. The Trailbreaker is just as you mentioned only reissued in this line and limited to 1000. I suggest do it now if your going to sell it because you never know what encore throws out.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    gah, and I just broke a hinge on my trailbreaker's arm the other day. now to find out he's worth $70? waaahhh!

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Would be worth it to sell it, but it is tough to find a nice vintage that is complete and no chrome wear. If you like the minty bot, I'd keep it, but if you can live with probably C8 or so condition, then definitly sell him now (before an Encore comes out) and you'd make your money back on it, and have a vintage as well with the extra.

7. CdnShockwave

8. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you need the money sale him, if not keep it in the box and buy a loose one. I didn't know they reissued a trailbreaker are you talking about an e-hobby version.