Pricecheck on Blackout

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ra88, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, I've been playing with the idea of making another, more accurate and a lot more poseable Blackout. But I've been keep putting it off because of a lack of money and resources.

But I've noticed how much custom TFs have been going for on Ebay lately, and the option of selling it is becoming more and more tempting, especially since I'm 19and think it's about freaking time I got the money for a driver's licension together (unlike you lucky Americans and Belgians, we can't follow lessons from our parents and instead have to rely on overexpensive driving schools, which easily cost 1000 euros (around 1300 dollars) or more).

So here's my question. Let's assume I throw it on ebay. How much do you think I will be able to get for it? Also, how much do you think the shipping costs will be?

In case no-one knows what I'm talking about, I'm talking about this monster of a custom: http://ra88.deviantart.com/art/Blackout-kitbash-1-57410043
    Size reference can be seen here: http://ra88.deviantart.com/art/Blackout-kitbash-3-57410287

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you do a really good job somewhere between $50 to who knows how much will pay for it, it really depends who is watching and bidding, and unless your really known for your customs or it is just amazing your price will stay pretty low. The one from the link could probably fetch somewhere in the hundreds if the right people see it. As for shipping Priority mail in the U.S. for boxes is somewhere around $7-$9 not sure about overseas. Hope this helps you.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, I'd say you'd get $500 easy. that thing's ginormous! I'm pretty sure he doesn't transform though, right? if he did, I'd say you be likely to get a grand for him. oh, and shipping? you'd want a big box with tons of padding, so I'd definitely say $20 if it was just shipping from the US to another place within the US. take that however you will for europe.

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that I take a closer look at it I did not realize how much was put into it. I f someone appreciates good work then you could easily fetch $100-$1000 or maybe even more, we all seen how much the electrical tape bumblebee went for, and this piece is not comparable to that figure in anyway.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    WOW. Wait, is that you Blackout that you are starting to build up hype about?! I'm sure that would sell for more that $500.00. Maybe in ASIA, somewhere around $100,000. LOL. That is an awsome peice. I couldn't even begin to guess on shipping in your country.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not to disrespect, but I would not pay over $100 for that. It's nice, but not very accurate or appealing, and it doesn't even transform.

7. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Weigh it, including packing materials, and go to www.tntpost.nl, you'll find the shipping costs.

8. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    I'd hate to part with it, if I were you. That's a pretty damn cool looking build.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. And no, not trying to build hype, just wondering outloud. Don't even know if I'll sell him because of the euro/dollar exchange rate (500 dollars would be what, 390 euros?).

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I agree. I think most (if not all) of the TF customs that sell for big bucks can at least transform. I don't think this would even come close to selling for $100.

If you are going to make another, making sure it can transform should be on top of the list of improvements, everything else should come second.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  11. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    If I my hijack this thread a bit (sorry, RA, it just works as a followup on these last posts), my HoS Bumblebee does transform. I do want to release it at some point. Right now there's dealings with IDW though which are stagnated. But I do wonder, how much would people be willing to pay?

12. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I think you should give it a shot. All this talk about it not Transforming. Lets put it this way, I sold 3 painted robot replicas, 2 Bumblebees, and a megatron, for about$350.00 us...TO THE SAME GUY!! So there are people who would buy it. And for not being acurate, how acurate can you get. The Voyager Black out is no where near accurate. Sure, as an artist, you could go on and on till it is almost perfect. My only question is how durable is it. And when will you make me one!!

Oh yeah, and seeing the side by size with ironhide really puts things into perspective. No wonder we never really saw much hand to hand between the bots.