PRICECHECK: Marvel legends WalMart exclusuive chase figures!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jun 19, 2006.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all, I just found myself with an important ?, How much would the chase versions of the Marvel legends Weapon X and Sentry figures from the Exclusive Walmart "Giant Man" line go for outside of retail. I picked them up hoping that I could make something off of them, cause well, I just lost my job recently, so I figured that Weapon X would atleast go for something big after a few months or so, ut what about Sentry? How much does everyone think that I should look at for selling them? I know that they just came out and all, but thaey are chase figures, and the shelves were deffinately just restocked with just the 2 chase figs in the assortment. Obviously, these are going to be rare figs, correct? Im not much of a collector of the Marvel firgures, as cool as they, are, but I wasnt ever real big on the comics or lines, I just know that they figures can reah some pretty good prices, and right now I need the cash.... So, did I make a good choice in spending the $16 now or no? Thanks everyone.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry about the job, shame about the scalping.

3. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    um
    Weapon x maybe 10 bucks.
    Sentry- maybe 15

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since those are shipped 1 per case, like ALL THE OTHER FIGURES in the case (Except Sabertooth x2), I doubt they'll be worth much more than the others.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yep, you'll probably get about cost or a few bucks more. What version of the Sentry do you have anyway, dull or banana colors?

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    03Mach1, Im not trying to scalp anyone, im wondering what kind of projection everyone sees for the figures furtures, and thank for the sorry about the job, it does suck cause I got fired for something I didnt do. But again, im not trying to scalp anyone. I bought them with the intent on selling them latter, which if you read my first post again, you'll see that. As for other posts, thank you all for responding, but thats what everyone is thinking for them now, I was wondering for later purposes, after maybe 2 months or so once the series is no longer in production. Now, as for wreckgar's question, the Sentry figure is the bearded version in the bright yellow suit. Is there another?? I know that the regular Sentry comes in a slightly darker costum and is "clean cut" so to speak. I saw all of the other figures there as well, but the reason im asking about future prices for the figures is because this is an exclusive series to walmart, so I thought that would put more value to them later on.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

yeah, chases are packed the same as the regular figs. Doubt you'll get much over cost unless someone is desperate.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i just bought a banana yellow Bearded Sentry for $8 from a friend so i actually got it a little below cost...

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and thats fine, again, im not selling these right now, im looking for what they may go for later. Im simply wondering if I made the right choice in buying them now at cost and waiting till later, like with anything, including TF's, to probably sell them then. I got each figure @ $7.96. I wondering what they will maybe go for later. I dont know much about Sentry, but the Weapon X I would assume would go for a good penny in a few months like all other chase wolverines, yes? Is that a trend with them or not?? I'm seriously asking cause I dont really know much of them.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

There are 4 Sentry figures.
    - Non bearded dark
    - Non Bearded bright
    - Bearded dark
    - Bearded bright

As for long term costs. If you wait long enough, I'm sure you can get at least $25 for it. I see Narmors and Silver Surfers go for around 20 when they were once warming pegs.

11. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    Hopefully ToyBiz will be shipping out more so people don't have to pay over retail for them. I doubt you'll be able to get more than $20 each for them, more likely in the realm of $15. Not enough to make up for a lost job though. And I'm sorry to report that buying them with no intent other than making profit on them is scalping, especially since you have no personal interest in them. No matter how much you want to church it up, nothing against you, just saying.

edit: the only reason the first Wolverine variant goes for so much (it dropped for quite awhile but recently started rising again) is because it was pretty rare for a long time. Recent variants (series 9+) don't go for much, especially these because THEY ALL COME 1 PER CASE. Meaning the variants are just as rare as Havok, Ant Man, Thor, etc...

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, no I do have some personal value to me, I read some of the AOA comics, and Weapon X was just this crazy styled bad ass, and I thought it was cool. Sentry, idk what it was, but he reminded me of someone for somereason... headsculpt wise, sounds wierd I know, but.. it happens, I guess im wierd like that. I just dont have much interest in them. And besides I thought scalping was overpricing things any way. Im a collector, plain and simple, I have few Marvel legends myself. Im asking for opinions of what they could be worth down the line wiht possible intent of opening them later if they arent going to be worth anything.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sentry reminds me of Obi Kenobi too...

Sorry about the job man, hope your back in your rythm soon.
    Right nows a good time to cash those figs in since alot of people are getting desperate and impatient waiting for their WM to stock them.
    MY WM still has empty pegs where the MLs should be, and it's been like that over a month.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, you interested Chaos... No Im just kidding, but thanks, Im hoping that Im back into rhythm again soon too.. couple job oportunities open I think, maybe..... HopefullyI dont have to start sellin bots tho... took me 23 damned years to get where I am with these things, and im not about to try and start over now...