Price Differences btwn US and Japan??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rod, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

So, while Im stationed here in South Korea I can fly into Yakota Air Base (just outside of Tokyo) for free a few times a month.

I was thinking of making a trip up that way next month, and grab a few of the new TF releases, but I was wondering if anyone knows how big a difference there is in the Prices we'd pay from say, tfsource, Robotkingdom, bbts etc., and buying it in country.

Any Ideas?

2. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Its going to be somewhat cheaper if you buy them directly rather than buying them from an online store who has to buy it elsewhere then charge you shipping

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am sure Japan based members can provide you with more info, but I guess Japan only releases are of course cheaper.

Most of the big retailers such as TRU, Bic Camera etc do not sell at RRP, but they still cost the equivalent of US$20+ or so (a deluxe). Yen is still quite strong.
    If you come across clearance items that's when you can save a lot. I hear ROTF Buster OP is flooding the shelves everywhere, have just got one online for a bit over 4000yen myself (+ international shipping for me though :( ), so maybe you can find a bargain like that as well :) 

4. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I don't know if this helps but my mom recently went to Hong Kong and was able to find Alternity Cliffjumper and Bumblebee for $275 HKD each equivalent to about $34-35 USD. Take note that this is in HK, so I think it'll be even cheaper in Japan.