Price Check

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blunky, Apr 5, 2007.

1. blunky

blunky Active Member

Someone local has a bunch of Transformers for sale. Would appreciate any help with pricing that these are worth. All he has are pictures. Haven't been able to see them in person yet.

Thanks!

B

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    The HM on skullcruncher is for Scorponok. Worth a lot by itself. If you can get the lot for cheap, go for it.

3. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

It looks like some of the stuff is in rough shape, but the Cerebros Head Master can fetch $30-50 on it's own. If it were me I'd offer $40-50.

I would possibly go a little higher if some are in better shape than they appear, but broken toys are broken toys.

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

$40-50?!? Damn, man, I like a good deal too, but I'd have to say that unless the seller is a complete tard, he'll probably want $80-100 if not more. Then again, the sellers in my area know a bit more than the average seller, so it's hard to get insane deals anymore. My advice is to either get a base price out of him first from which to negotiate or throw out what you honestly think is fair. Know thy seller! Is he cool, a friend, a douche, a tard, etc.?

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where do you see Cerebros? I see Lord Zarak on Skullcruncher's body and Hi-Q (PM Prime's engine)...but I don't see Cerebros...

6. blunky

blunky Active Member

Sorry, I just got back into collecting these since I had them as a kid. Can you elaborate? What do you mean by the HM on skullcruncher?

Thanks.

B

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    On the third picture you have Skullcruchers body with a Lord Zarak headmaster.

8. freezowave

Sorry I meant Zarak, my bad.

Sure the seller wants more, but a lot of the stuff in the lot appears to be broken. I guess I could see $80, but there are broken/discolored bots, not parts to speak of, and a fair amount of Go-Bots (cool with me, but I don't think the interest in Go-Bots is all that high). A lot of the other bots are fairly common and aren't worth more than $3-5. I guess it my opinion, but hey that's what the internet's all about.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    HM=headmaster...ie, the little robots that form the heads of larger robots....and i'd say that lot for about 50 sounds good, unless the guys a stupid person you dont like much, then id say less...

10. blunky

blunky Active Member

Well, here's the thing. He says there are 56 in the lot. Says half are in good condition. Other half, missing parts, loose joints, worn stickers. I'm hoping he has more pictures since this is hard to figure out with these low resolution images he has.

Thanks for all the help so far!

B

11. freezowave

It would also depend on what is in good shape and what is broken. If the bots in good shape are the Insecticons, Topspin, and Go-Bots it would be nice, but they have little monetary value.

Regardless buying lots is a ton of fun.

12. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

True that, freezowave, the net is a great place for opinions, which is why I value your's!

Man, I wish I could get lots like this for $50 or less, but, like I said, the sellers in my vicinity are too savvy for that. I mean, yeah, they're broken/beat up, but there are still plenty nice ones and you could sell it all for much higher with a little time and effort. Just pay what you feel, blunky, and not a penny more. Good luck!

13. blunky

blunky Active Member

Well I'll have to see. He's asking for much more than $50 right now, almost 100. Ideally I'd only pay about 50 but I doubt that'll happen.

B