Price Check: TRANSFORMERS TAKARA REISSUE # 12 MINIBOTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mirage232, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering what is generally the going price for a Takara #12 Minibots reissue these days?

2. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

3. Book'm Sparxxx

Book'm Sparxxx Member

4. Mirage232

Holy crap, I just recently bought one for 109 dollars shipped, and I still feel ripped off! I figured for a while that these would have dropped because of the newer encore release, (since I figured most people really wanted the bumblebee with the newer face.) Guess not.

5. Mirage232

Yea I know what you mean, I wish I got these when they came out, but I only have so much money to toss around. True you could get old used ones for a tenth of the price these suckers go for, but if your like me, you want brand new spanking versions, not crummy beat up ones. Well, atleast I got the Insecticons when they came out, and I won't bother asking how much they go for these days.

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I bought a MIB set a couple of years ago for about $40 on evilbay.

I had no idea they had gone up so much, I figured they would be worthless now with Encore Bumblebee being so readily available.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    That's crazy considering you can pick up vintage versions of these figures for like $5 each which are just as good.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought this when it first came out and I felt ripped off then and I only paid $40. soundwaveCA is right, if you are looking for these, get the vintage, you can get them for about $5-$10 each. The TFC collection has really gone up in price, I bought 90% of them at retail and threw out all of the boxes.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

a while back billstoysandgames had a set AUTOGRAPHED by bumblebee's voice actor for like $85, and I had a discount coupon. I kept waiting and waiting on it, and then when I finally went to get it they had sold it :(  I've now implemented a "no hesitation" policy on my toys. if I want it, I go for it, because tomorrow it might not be available.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    luckey I bought all when they got relsed..I missed a few ehobbys though.

11. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I am just like that. I prefer re-issues to the originals as much as possible...unless it has not been (or likely will not be re-issued at all) re-issued, like Victory Leo or G1 Scorponok. All of my other G1s are straight-up re-issues. I hate scratches on my toys, and after 20 years, Powerglide is often not looking or feeling so powerful.

The Insecticon set goes for well over $120 USD, last I checked on ePay. Again, that is just gouging...I am just glad I got 90% of the re-issues that I wanted at MSRP, or thereabouts...

Damn man...just. Damn.

If ever there was a MISB set to keep in a clear acrylic case for posterity, that would be it. I would pay $120 for a Minibot set autographed by the VA of Bumblebee!

Just, damn man. Damn.

12. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Wow, that set got up there again? I missed it the first time and wouldn't pay $200 for the set. I bought a bumblebee from the set for $70 (trade for a nice snarl) right before they announced the encore set. Then I got two book minibots sets for $60 & $80 misb. Looks like that was a short lived discount. I was always surprised what the book minibots went for, I always figured It would be the least popular set, I thought the same thing about the Blitzwing set, durrrrr.

13. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
  14. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I always say "there is nothing more expensive than regret".

If you have the money and can afford it BUY IT because you may regret it later when you either a) have to pay a LOT more for it later or b) not be able to find it at all.