Price Check Please

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. I have the cartoon version of the WST Dinobot set, but I'm in love with this Retribution black/gold set.
    Can you guy's tell me if this set is actually worth this much? Yea I know what your gonna say, if I can afford it and if I want it, then it's worth it to me and all that jazz.
    But what I want to know is, is this a fair price? I don't know when I'll be getting a set, but I want to know what price to look for when I'm ready for this awesome black/gold set of WST Dinobots.
    Please click link and let me know. I'm curious as to what these figures really go for. I think my set was around $80 bucks for all five WST Dino's. But I think this particular set is much more rare?

WST Dinobot Retribution Set.

2. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    It is a more limited set, yeah. Having owned and played with the figures though, I can't see any recolor being worth more than $100-$120 for the set of five. They're fun and fiddly, but it's not like they're the highest quality figures.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it a store exclusive? I noticed the seller was tfsource

4. Victorysabre

News Credits:
    It was exclusive to TFSource.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah.... well if the only seller is selling it for 200 bucks, guess you'll have to buy it used:lol .

I still can't believe the WST line still has life.... Granted, its not from Takara Tomy but its still surprising to me at least.

6. Victorysabre

News Credits:
    TFSource likes to do this thing where they mark a hot product as out of stock on their site and then sell it at a significant mark up on Ebay. I for one will not be surprised to see them selling some more Shadow Scythers on Ebay when those get in. I mean, it's totally their right to do so since it's a free market and all, but it makes it clear they're not a business run "for fans by fans."

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I love my WST Dinobot set despite the fact that Snarls arm broke off. Fixed him, but he can no longer transform back into dino mode. I think I'll just replace Snarl rather than getting this set. While it looks cool, I just don't know if it's worth that much money.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, that out of stock move is one i dont like at all.

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I missed that set by a week or so. I've always liked the look of it, and I think it would make an awesome display set. Unfortunately, I dont think anyone is going to get it for a "fair price" anymore. It came and went. Quite a while ago too. I wanna say like 18mos ago, maybe a little longer. It was an exclusive set for TFSource, and for those who want it now, they are going to pay what is asked for it, if they want it. I dont see "fair price" anywhere near this set anymore. (if it was ever there to begin with) I guess they got more of these sets, or they did the sold-out move to eBay maneuver. They werent $200 when they first got them. I forget how much exactly, but I know it wasnt $200.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010