Price check on Jet/Heli diaclone Triple Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by motorhead9999, Aug 9, 2011.

1. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So after organizing my collection a bit, I came across a figure I totally forgot I had (which I'm sure some of you will gasp that I forgot it). A few years back I picked up the unreleased Jet/Helicopter triple changer in its box. Its missing a rocket launcher, but I think other than that, its complete. Anyone out there know approximate value? I have no intentions of selling it, its mainly a curiosity thing. In my years of looking on ebay, I don't think I've ever seen another one put up for sale.

Thanks!

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    If that is the right one and not a knockoff its worth a lot. The knockoff does go for some money but the diaclone one is pretty tough to find. If it has the markings and has any of the accessories then it should be worth over $100.
    EDIT noticed you stated in the box. Change that to over $200

4. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, its all original and japanese box (not the gigi version shown in the STA link). Its cool too because that was the first time I had seen the diaclone catalog which had basically the entire 84/85 line, just in the original diaclone colors.

Its funny though...normally in the triple changer, there's always one mode that suffers. In this case, I really think it was the robot mode that sort of got the shaft. The helicopter and the jet mode are really stellar though.

5. bmbloo

bmbloo Well-Known Member

I paid $215 for mine, loose and without missiles (but G1 Blitwing missiles work perfectly in the launchers). And I think I got mine for a STEAL considering how rare it is.

This gem shows up on eBay once in about every 5 years, and you'd better bid more than a measly $100-200 if you want a chance at it.

6. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Oh the amount of people I would be prepared to kill in order to get my hands on that thing... :lol 

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    It has been a while since I saw one and I could see one going for that amount. I did get out bid on one that sold for $250 complete in the box and that was earlier this year. There is also the Taiwan version which is a little cheaper but no less rare.

8. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Zombie thread brains etc...

Saves making a new thread though. Does anyone know where I can get one of these from, and what the current pricing is. Thanks.

9. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Did you have any luck with Colin, Sid?

All the best
    Maz

10. Stuffoflegend

Stuffoflegend New Member

I remember having one of these years ago and just found it tucked away in the attic. It's in the original box with all parts and instructions. Overall it seems near mint condition. I probably transformed it about six times ever. Can anyone give me a price check?