Price Check on G1 Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, first price check post; I was browsing through craiglist's selection of transformers and there is a guy that's selling a lot of G1 stuff, but the only one I'm interested in is a ( looks pristine, no yellowing at all, at least on the very good pic he has on the posting) Jetfire that he claims is 90% complete, doesn't look like it has a box though (I particularly don't care for it anyways ).
    He's asking $115 whadya guys thinks?

2. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    If it's complete and mint that's not a bad price, but I doubt it's that mint since it doesn't have a box.

3. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I can ask him, he just didn't SHOW the box, he migt have it, but just didn't specify.
    He also has a nice looking Shockwave with a very worn out decepticon logo ( the rest of the figure looks fine, this one has a box) for $75, is that ok?; I'm new at this G1 collecting. Also thought of the insecticons he has for $10 each, but with the TRU re releases around the corner is not worth it.

4. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

That sounds a little high for Jetfire but I am not sure

5. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

High?
    I've been looking for one and thought $150. w/zero yellowing (Ebay) was a decent price to pay.

You guys lead the way, because I'm also interested on the topic.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    $115 for a relatively nice Jetfire is far from high, sounds like a nice deal. Provided its as mint as he says.

7. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    I paid 65.00 for mine.. but that was just the figure.. I then had to buy all of the armor separate. I think that isn't a bad price.. but keep checking ebay and the sale forum here. you will get lucky.

on the other note.. shockwave. does his electronics work? is the rubber hose cracking and are his joints tight enough for him to stand on his own? if it is in nice shape then that is a fair price imo. I spent 200.00 but mine is mib. the box is in great shape.

8. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

it's not bad...but not great either considering it's not even complete. tough to really tell what you're getting with pictures. With vintage pieces, I'd rather buy from a local seller I knew or at least someone from the boards.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I just got 2 for $65 shipped, both missing the gun clip though. Slight yellowing but I'm giving them a whitening treatment, fist one is look awesome so far.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I got mine for 30 bucks complete but with some yellowing. I didn't mind the yellowing so I was very lucky to get it at that price.

11. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

u can find good deals if u looking around and be patient. I got a G1 Swoop with box and all paper work 100% complete in great condition for $45 about 4 months ago.

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

$115 is high for a jetfire which is not complete, especically if it's missing the gun clip.
    On top of that you are doing this deal off ebay, so seller is saving all the shipping/Ebay/Paypal fees, you should get it cheaper. If it does have a decent box, with insert, then that's a good deal.

Just wana let you know, average complete jetfire cost for me is around $75, from non-bin auctions, and i have 3 complete ones. So all you need is to wait for a good deal on ebay.

Of course the benefit for using criagslist is you can see the figure in person.