Price check on Energon Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by [Smoke], Feb 8, 2007.

1. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

Due to a shipping mixup on a recent eBay purchase(MISB Energon Tidal Wave and MISB Energon Ultra Magnus) I got an Energon Megatron(MISB) in the mail along with Tidal Wave. The seller has offered me to either ship it back at no cost, or pay €20(About $26) for it and keep it.

So, should I keep it or ship it back?

There's an old pricetag on there that says it's €50, and I know from other sources that he retailed for $40 or so in the US, so it does seem like a pretty great deal to me.

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Before we can offer suggestions, there appears to be a couple pieces of info missing:

- if this was a lot purchase, how much did you pay total?
    - is the seller still going to send you the Energon Ultra Magnus at no cost (since you already paid for shipping the first time)?

Also, there is no such thing as "shipping back at no cost" because it costs YOU to send it back. So if you are going to send it back--unless you have a 100% guarantee that the seller's going to reimburse you 100%, I'd hold onto Megs until your Magnus arrives.

And yes, I'd say $26 US for an MISB Energon Megatron is a pretty good deal. I got mine loose in a lot trade and it's a nice figure...although I prefer the Galvatron repaint which I bought on clearance for about $15 and it was definitely worth it.

3. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

5 bucks.

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'd say as long as you get the Magnus too, it's not a bad deal.

5. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

Wasn't a lot purchase. Two separate auctions for Energon Tidal Wave and Energon Ultra Magnus, combined together. Both were at €20 each. Considering what's available here in The Netherlands on eBay, those were good deals as well. Most auctions deal with recent stuff, loose, no accessories or instructions included half the time, and they still have similar pricing. Saw a Classics Prime MISB going for €40 not too long ago.

And yes, I got a message today saying the Magnus was being sent out today, should be here tomorrow. No extra costs on that one.

Not the first time shipping has fucked up, and in all cases I've never had any trouble getting the shipping costs refunded. It's only €6 or so to ship it back anyway.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Keep it, Energon Galvatron is awesome IMO

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

But he got Energon Megatron.....

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

So do I. Loved the mold so much I bought 4 versions of it

Except I had to pay full price for all of them :lol 

[​IMG]

9. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

I decided to keep him. I could always use another jet, and another Megatron(Only have the Classics Megs besides this one). The transformation is a tad on the easy side, but I don't care much about that. And my Decepticon forces are a bit bigger now(And even bigger tomorrow when I get Alternators Ravage, the Jaguar one)

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had one for sale in the junkion for $10.00. Nobody bought it. :( 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That Depends which One The TRU Version or Regular Cause I Might Take it as soon as I'm Finished paying to Supervir and thejackal