Price check on a few old Deluxes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ziero, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I've recently decided to build up my collection some and hunt down a few choice figures I missed/passed up. But before I make a topic on the JE I was hoping to get a good estimate on the prices on a few of the 'rarer' items I was looking for. I tried ebay but that was little to no help as the prices there range from suspicious to absurd so I'm hoping I can get some better info here.

First up is Red Armada Thrust. Some places say he's a limited edition toy and super hard to find, with the only one on ebay being in a shop for 80 bucks. Other places say he was so common overseas that he ended up shelfwarming. Personally, I'm hoping the latter is true. :lol 

Next up is Universe Downshift. Though I'd also settle for Superlink Wheeljack or even Energon Downshift. I mainly want the mold, but prefer the Universe colors.

Third is Energon Roadblock. I was always on the fence about getting Energon Inferno, but Roadblock improves upon the many flaws Inferno had making a much better buy imo.

And finally Classics Rodimus who despite not being that old, he's surprisingly hard to find and seems to always be 30-40 bucks when I do see him.

Anyway, any help would be appriciated on these guys. Either loose or MISB price estimates would be nice as either way when I eventually do get them they're being freed of any plastic prisons they come in.

Thanks in advanced

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've recently decided to build up my collection some and hunt down a few choice figures I missed/passed up. But before I make a topic on the JE I was hoping to get a good estimate on the prices on a few of the 'rarer' items I was looking for. I tried ebay but that was little to no help as the prices there range from suspicious to absurd so I'm hoping I can get some better info here.

First up is Red Armada Thrust. Some places say he's a limited edition toy and super hard to find, with the only one on ebay being in a shop for 80 bucks. Other places say he was so common overseas that he ended up shelfwarming. Personally, I'm hoping the latter is true. :lol 

Red Thrust might have peg warmed in some countries but has never been cheaper then what your seeing there. The countries he did peg warm in are the ones that constantly complain how expensive there stuff is :wink:  I have never seen him for a reasonable price. If you find one get one for me too

Next up is Universe Downshift. Though I'd also settle for Superlink Wheeljack or even Energon Downshift. I mainly want the mold, but prefer the Universe colors. This was a pretty limited release as it came out after kb closed alot of stores

Honestly this is the WORST version of the mold. The yellow is bright and washes out all the details of the mold. None of the colors look good together. This was a pretty limited release as it came out after kb closed alot of stores.
    Superlink is your best bet. But thats just cuz i like the silver limbs and cost probably the same

Third is Energon Roadblock. I was always on the fence about getting Energon Inferno, but Roadblock improves upon the many flaws Inferno had making a much better buy imo.
    I dont see nearly as many roadblocks as infernos. You know its just the head, bumber, and gun changed right?

And finally Classics Rodimus who despite not being that old, he's surprisingly hard to find and seems to always be 30-40 bucks when I do see him.
    I'm sure you could easily get this guy cheap as some will be dumping theres to get the takara version. I would not pay more then $10

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well I guess that solves that one. Shame too as those colors make a 'meh' mold look really great. Especially in comparison to the other colors he's been made in.

I really don't mind the bright yellow limbs to be honest, and I like the deco on his vehicle mode. Though I guess if I could find the Superlink version for the same, reasonable price it would end up being a much harder choice.

Well the head on Roadblock is much better imo, the gun works better as a crane then a firehose to me and overall I prefer his construction colors to his fire engine colors. And I think he came out towards the end of Energon, and the endline figures usually seem to be harder to find.

Well at least that's good news :lol 

Thanks for your comments, anyone else able to help?

4. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a few UK Red Thrusts left

PM if interested

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree about the Hotrod. Don't pay more then $10 for him loose.

Universe downshift doesn't show up very often but when he does he shouldn't go for more then $10-$15 loose. The demand really isn't that high for that color scheme. I've not seen a superlink wheeljack yet but my guess is that being an import he won't go for that low.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

sl wheeljack will go for at least $30--I know, I was looking for one. instead I just painted a bit of the limbs on my energon one to get him to look more like wheeljack.

I see what you're doing here, and it's pretty sweet. I've got a ton of stuff on my classics shelf from energon and other lines. along with energon roadblock I've got inferno there, titanium rodimus, universe red alert (or whom ever is the fire lambo) and energon galvatron, slugslinger, shockblast, and a few others.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I lso want an energon downshift and Classics Hot Rod, I might have to open a wanted hread for me, but do people actually go to that forum?

8. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, they do.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

All the time, the people on this site are really helpful. I'd prefer to come here and buy from fans then go to ebay or other shops. Especially for those hard to find figures.

Pretty much that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm the type who splits my collection into two basic groups. The "collectibles", which are things that look nice but aren't really good for day-to-day fiddling and the "toys" which end up being compiled into my own little TF universe. And as far as my universe is concerned I try to avoid having repainted characters (unless it's for a specific reason) while filling it with molds from every line. I got a good mix of everything from BM and RiD to Classics and Movie lines and with Universe coming out I'll be bulking up that collection with a lot of new toys. Even a few animated figures will be squeezed in, despite the completely different asthetic.

And again, thanks for the info, it's definitely helpful.

10. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should be able to get rodimus on ebay for around $8.00 to $12.00. I dumped mine and got 8.50 for him. I'll be picking up the Takara version eventually. I love the Gold Spoiler they gave him.