Price check on 3" TF Titaniums

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Devastator001, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I went on a toy run this morning in order to post any viable sightings news in the Arizona thread, when I went to a Target store selling those 3" TF titaniums. I almost shit in my pants when I saw the price of $15.00 for one 3" figure. Those SW titaniums are selling for $5.00 a piece. I tracked down an associate to confirm if there's a pricing error for those TF titaniums. The associate scanned the barcodes and found the prices are accurate. I raised a question to her why they're so high, compared to those SW titaniums and she couldn't give me a straight answer. My question to you folks in this community: Are those 3" TF titanium figures retailed for $15.00 or $5.00? I just want to set the record straight before I decide to post a warning in the Arizona thread. Thanks in advance.

2. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    They should definitely be $5. Those barcodes aren't priced correctly.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
  4. Devastator001

That's what I thought. I'll go a post a warning in the Arizona thread

That store had just reset their toy isles. they don't have any of the 6" figures stocked yet. I'd be willing to bet they'll have them stocked sometime tomorrow.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my target JUST got the TFTs in today, and they were priced properly :( 

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

They should be 4.99 I think, but 2 Targets here tried to sel lthem to me for 14.99 ea.
    Had to get the manager to sort it out, took 15 minutes of telling them the difference between those and ultras. Then next day at the other Target, went through the same damn thing :banghead: 

Just today, I went to Target and they had the Attacktix booster sets marked for 4.99 , but they rang up 7.99 each :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

So yeaeh, double check your Attacktix purchases as well before paying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    My advice, find someone working the registers that looks A) Stupid, or B) does not care and most of the time they will just price override it without any fuss.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    That was the case with me.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    It would almost be cheaper to get one from someone else at that price and pay for the shipping than to pay the full price on a 6" TFT. If my store had had them at the wrong cheaper price, I'd have gotten both of them today.

10. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Robert, I bought the 6" Titaniums at the Ina Target for 4.99 a pop. They definetely switched the 3 and 6 inch Titaniums' price tags for some odd reason.

I don't like the 3 inchers, they all look like they need to take a dump, as has been stated by others.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Quick, hide teh thread from teh scalpers!!1 !

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

In case it hasn't been officially deemed here, yes, the stores did indeed accidently switch the UPC price, making the 2 inch ones $14.99 and the 6 inch ones $4.99. Most of the Targets should have fixed them by now, but from what I was told bya f riend who works for Hasbro, some Targets are being rediculous in that they don't want to bother switching because they believe the prices are right. I truly wish I had known about the mix up before I bought anything.

13. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have 2 Targets at my disposal. Yesterday I hit the first and got TiT Starscream (x2 regular price) and 2 Attacktix boosters (7.99 w/shelf marked @4.99) should have paid more attention. All was made up for today when I hit the 2nd store 6" OP and Megs for 4.99 each, no boosters at this store.

After getting the 6" open. I feel that I paid what Megs is worth for him.

14. Devastator001

That seems to be the case with that particular store in question. That store also have the $15.00 price tag for the 6" figures too. They're trying to sell both sizes for the same $15.00 price. Stores with dilusions of grandeur will learn the hard way about their pricing errors.

I haven't been up there since I dropped off the Quick Mix for you. I will have to check it out. I am still on the fence about the 6" figures. I am still incline to not purchase them. Those 3" figures are rather terrible. You're right, looks like they're ready to take a dump in the woods.

15. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, they insist they are priced right even when looking at the size difference screams they are idiots.

16. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    In all fairness they look really good in the box. Of course I pulled mine out of their prisons. Prime is pretty awesome.