Price Check: MISB Optimal Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Jun 27, 2009.

1. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Anyone know what a fair value is for a MISB Optimal Optimus? I see a complete one in open box went for $60 recently on Ebay, and seller PLAYIDIA
    (who appears to jack his or her prices up a fair amount) has unsold BIN auctions for $80-$100 on opened figures with the box. Any idea on one that's MISB? Thanks.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

my guess it probably IS about $100 or so, i mean, MIB i see it for about $50.

3. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

Do you mean this guy? There really is a scarcity of "MISB" data, but there is one point at around the $30 mark. If you're determined to get your hands on a sealed version, you might try the watchlist feature.

[​IMG]

4. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'd be curious to see the one that sold for $30 as that seems far too low, but Ebay doesn't appear to allow you to search completed items back that far any more. I'm also curious as to why this item doesn't show up on your graph under MIB?

Anyway, we'll see if anyone else offers up an opinion. I have a guy looking to buy one I have for sale, but I had no idea what to charge without good historical comps.

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Is it Optimal Optimus or Optimus Primal? Beast Wars or Beast Machines? I bought a Complete Optimal Optimus for $50. However, I don't think you'll touch a Optimus Primal for less than $100. The Beast Machines version is usually harder to find.

6. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's the one shmax referred to, Optimal Optimus. I think loose complete for $50 is probably on the high end if it didn't come with the box. I usually ballpark any BIN auction on Ebay as ~30% overpriced, so the opened MIB figure is probably $55-$70 given the BIN auctions up there now and one that recently got a best offer of $60. I'm curious about the MISB price, which appear to have no real comps up on Ebay right now or in recent completed auctions.

7. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

I took a look into it, turns out the problem was that a lot of auctions refer to this toy as "optimal optimus prime". The extra "prime" was being caught by my filter and rejected as being a lot auction. I made the proper tweak to the data, and you should now be seeing more complete results. And I've also verified that the $30 did indeed refer to this toy. So, there ya go, you've got some real data to look at. Hope it helps.