Price Check - Micron Legends Final Battle Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Hey guys, this is a first for me but..

What does the TAKARA release of Armada (Micron Legends) Final Battle Prime with exclusive Perceptor (minicon combiner) go for?

I tried ebay and I see nothing.

Thanks for your input guys:) 

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm assuming you mean the Magna Convoy box set in its entirety (including the clear Overload and Corona Sparkplug), and not the Optimus and X-Dimension Perceptor sold individually?

If so, I paid $220 for my set (MIB, complete, perfect condition) from a fellow member earlier this year.

I'm thinking anywhere from $200-275 is a decent going rate, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it sell at $300ish either (though it may sit for a little bit). I remember someone put one up on eBay several months ago and started their asking price at several hundred dollars (I think it was over $1K?) but had to relist it several times since of course no one was biting, sloooowwwwly decreasing the price each time. It finally disappeared when it closing in on the $200-300 range.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ya that is the set, with the clear Overload.

Thanx for the info, eBay has NOTHING on the set.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    He's not hugely different from the Armada one so much so that I almost have to put them side by side to tell which is which. The blue is a bit darker is the main difference and the transformation deck for the base mode is a little more stable on the Takara one.

It didn't used to be to pricey the individual bits are more common than the full gift set is I see the Clear red Ultra Magnus a lot - and I do still see the repaint boxed set from galaxy Force and the regular Micron Convoy from time to time too.

Just look through the listing for Optimus Prime and you might find one loose under Armada. If someone does list it correctly they will proably try to charge several hundred for it where as misslisted they are pretty cheap.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

Thanx. I'm actually considering selling my version but saw that the Armada Prime only sells for about 30 bucks lol. I was just curious if this was worth selling and judging by the $200-300 price point I would say yes.

6. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, together as a set, it goes for a decent amount. Micron collectors are interested because of the X-Dimension Perceptor and clear Transformer collectors are interested in the Overload.

It's too bad they didn't do something at least a little different with the Final Battle/Powerlinx Optimus that's in the set (make it clear too, or throw in some chrome, whatever). My chief interest in picking it up was the minicons and the Overload.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I bought it because the Prime paint job in Supermode was show accurate where as the American release was just a nightmare :O.

8. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that is a plus in its favor, certainly. Considering they did release some of the Powerlinx redecos at retail in the Micron Legends line (Demolishor, Red Alert, Starscream/Thundercracker), I guess I wish they'd released the more accurate Final Battle Optimus at retail and made the version in the Magna Convoy gift set more "special" in some way.

Still, I'm glad I own it now. Thanks to the wild goose chase I went on to purchase the MC-01 version, I have a funny appreciation for that mold in general. I like Overload a lot too, in spite of his brick status.