Price Check: MA-21 Battle Mode Optimus Prime (Japanese Premium)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a MISB MA-21 Japanese Premium Optimus Prime. I was under the impression he's fetching a pretty penny. Can any one confirm or deny this, as I have seen one on eBay for a long while.

[​IMG]

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    no clue honestly but i think there is a real possibility that it has taken a hit in prices with the release of ROTF leader class prime

3. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I don't see one on eBay now but my guess would in the $100 range. Maybe more. I don't think the current movie Prime would affect it much. MA-21 was unique and, personally, still my favorite movie Prime. The chrome sells it and it's such a fun transformation. As opposed to the current movie Prime which has an infuriating and annoying ("I am Optimus Prime!" a million times...)transformation. But that's just me.

Still, I'd say MA-21 remains desirable.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Curious about this as well. If Buster Prime fills the special place this figure held I may eventually part with mine. But I'm guessing with a figure like this a couple more years wait will only make it worth more.

5. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Due to the fact that this is so rare, $90-150. Amazon.co.jp has one at the lowest at 160,000 yen.

6. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

When I bought mine from ebay 3 months ago, I paid about 150 for it. I think it's a fair price for the peice, for its absolutely beautiful, and puts the North American Premium Prime to shame. They pop up on Ebay every now and again, so just keep checking.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't see it going for more than $150, but it probably averages on the $100-$120 range. Most retailers in the U.S. were selling it for $90 to $100 anyway. ROTF Prime is more sought after than the original Prime and I imagine Buster Prime is going to take the cake as the most accurate and desirable movie Prime.

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I would say $150-200, he's pretty hard to find, even in Japan I only saw one and that was going for like $100+.

9. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for all the info this is great to know. I hope to partial trade him for Buster Prime.

10. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Still have mine, PERFECT but loose without box. Should still fetch around 100 USD, right? After all, the box is exactly the same as the US release...