Price Check - G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Polenicus, May 22, 2007.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I'm just checking this because I'm curious.

At the last Toronto Transformerscon, I found a MiB G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime. Stickers unapplied on sheet, a little dusty, with the box kinda beat up. The figure itself was absolutely perfect, the electronics all work, and everything was included. It appeared to have been taken out of the box, looked at, put back in and left in an attic for a decade or so. No scratches, no scuffs, chrome perfect, paint apps perfect... if only the new stuff I get from Toys R Us was in such good shape!

I grabbed it for $40. Canadian.

Now, knowing that the G2 reissue typically goes for about $60 Canadian, I'm just curious what the original usually goes for? It feels like I got a really good deal on this guy. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work (I applied the stickers from the sheet)

2. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

...that is a steal at $40CDN. The lowest I've seen it go on eBay is ~$50 + shipping.

3. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

You got a good price.

It used to go for $100+, but the re-issue cut that down. It still usually Ebay'd for more than you paid for it.

Of course, now that you've applied the stickers, it's worth about what you paid....

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Well, it's good to know my instincts weren't completely off. This is such a cool fig (Was the best Prime mold for a long time, still one of the top ten in my opinion), and in such good shape, but I hadn't seen any on eBay that weren't the re-issue, and this guy had obviously not had any luck selling him. I got him for less than his original sticker price (Still on the box)

And yes, I'm fully aware I destroyed his resale by putting the stickers on. I argued with myself about that briefly, but I don't buy Transformers to resell them, or as some sort of investment, I get them 'cuz I like having them. And stickers just CALL to me. There's nothing quite as satisfying as spending a few hours carefully applying decals so they're JUST SO. I dunno why I enjoy it now, I never did as a kid (Mainly because I was fat-fingered and screwed them up. I use tweezers now ;)