Price Check: FP's CJ upgrade kit, with a loose Cliffjumper, plus a custom head

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NothingHead, Jul 13, 2012.

1. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Okay, so.. I kinda really like the Asia-exclusive Cliffjumper that's showing up. So much so that I may swap out my FansPproject Cliff for him. How much do you kids think I could get? The kit's been applied to Cliffjumper but I still have the clamshell, and CJ actually is sporting a color-matched head from his WFC counterpart. So that's a like an added bonus :)  I paid $300 and I'd like to get it back. Thanks, guys!

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    400 easily as long as you have the original FP mask and faces. You can't really add value bc of the WFC head, bc someone looking for the FP kit likely won't give three sheets about it.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Wow, it has the head from a figure that can easily be found on the secondary market for $10????

Yeah, I agree with TJ. If it's all there, at least $300, probably closer to $400.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Sold one for something like $250 last year.

5. NothingHead

No need to be snide; I wasn't counting the WFC head as some kind of comparable treasure. It just happens to look really good on this mold.

6. NothingHead

That's disappointing; I suppose I'll just hold onto it, then. Thanks for the response.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You never did say.. Do you have the FP head orjust the wfc head?

8. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    $300 seems to be the going price for one these days. Although I did only pay $30 for mine back in November.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Do tell.

10. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    Let's just say I was really lucky that day

11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to be funny, but why did you pick that out, and completely ignore the price suggestions, but respond to the one that was low, saying, "Oh well" when it matter-of-fact will net you quite a bit more than $250? Did you not really want to sell it at all or... ?

And it's not anything "snide" (seriously), but I guess I'm just curious...

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You so snide.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Oh NO you di'in't!

:lol 

But seriously, I was confused.

14. NothingHead

Oh, sorry! Yes, I still have the whole kit; I just honestly wasn't too happy with the FP heads so they stayed in the clamshell :)  I even kept CJ's original intakes.

I really just like as many of my characters to have unique alt-modes as I can. I had my heart set on the FP kit because it alters the vehicle mode more than anything else. The Asian exclusive has a great vehicle mode and a very IDW-inspired head-sculpt, which I'm a big sucker for. I could conceivably pass my FP Cliffjumper on to somebody else if I'm satisfied with the new model, when/if I can manage to pick it up..

15. NothingHead

I was remarking on Soundblaster's post. Maybe he didn't mean it but it sounded kind of snarky, especially considering that I thought my post was pretty friendly. I just wanted a price-check, and obviously the WFC head is nothing to write home about in this instance; clearly it's a small bonus, overshadowed by the FP kit..

I don't know; people are so quick to respond like that on internet forums; I'd never talk to people who share so many common interests with me like that so quick off the bat in person.. Why do we gotta do it here? Does being online have to make us all assholes? :-/

I actually have you ignored, TJ. When I first started posting a lot on here you were acting like a pretty big bully. You take some nice photos but (case in point) it really bummed me out to watch you talk to people like you do (or at least did back then). I'm guilty of being rude occasionally, but you did it all the time.

Thanks for your input on my question, but I'm okay not getting an answer at all if it means the potential for caustic or abusive messages. You might think I'm being thin-skinned, but it's not like my feelings are actually hurt; I just come here for a fun, positive experience and I hate how hard it is to find such a thing whenever I try to share my hobby with others.

16. NothingHead

Indeed :D  Very jealous! honestly, I overpaid and I do feel kind of bad that I sort of forced myself into a position where I'd have to sell it for so much. There were alternate kits, sure; but I'm really happy with the WFC headswap and I really just wanted the vehicle mode add-on kit more than anything. It's a shame no other third party was willing to do one..

Thanks, everyone! It seems like I could definitely make my money back, at least. I'm glad that it seems having already applied it to the figure doesn't negate much of its value. I'll definitely consider it, and I'll be sure to hit the B/S/T board on here before I go over to eBay. :) 

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Lol this thread is becoming a potential train wreck. In before lock. Lol

18. NothingHead

Well, he asked. :-/ I'm not trying to be rude, just honest..

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]

You know what's funny? Not one person asked about your personal feelings, and as you can probably sense, not three sheets are given. You say I post nice pictures: That's what I do - Photography, and toy collecting. That's it. E-friends will come and go, but my primary purpose is just posting some pics, making some toy deals, and having fun in that process. And, I do.

Found it odd/humorous that even in the post that YOU QUOTED you completely ignored his answer, just to call the poster a name.

It's not "being a bully" to ask why you'd ask a question and ignore an answer, especially now that you've made a complaint about it being hard to simply ask a question and find an answer. There's a difference between not getting an answer and choosing to cherry pick which answers to accept.

And, take note that you haven't been put down, harassed, bullied, or demeaned... as much as I may put off that perception for being straight-forward, I'm not about that bullshit, and will NEVER understand e-grudges.

Now moving on from the e-motional (pun intended) aspects of this thread:

$400. You can make up to $400 on the FP CJ kit.

Eh'. It's fine. He got his answer... I think?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  20. NothingHead

You weren't being a bully when you asked why, that's why I thought you deserved an answer. I can see now that your attitude and how you talk to people has totally changed over time; I'm incredibly sorry that I so clearly misjudged you. I'll be sure to not do my best to overlook your posts or keep you on my 'ignore' list in the future. :redface2: 

Thanks again, everyone.