Price Check: Energon Wingsaber.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Admiral Thrawn, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

I'm selling an Energon Wingsaber, complete and in great condition, and wondering how much I should charge. He goes for about $100 on eBay from the few auctions I've seen. What should I tell him?

2. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Did anyone actually bid on those auctions? Energon Wingsaber...wow. I guess he deserves a big price tag cause it's been a few years since he was a shelf warmer, but I wouldn't think he'd be pulling in that much. I bought mine a few years back on clearance for under $15.

With the time passed,however, he's definately worth more than he was at actual retail, but I still couldn't see laying down more than $65 MISB. As a self contained toy, he's rubbish, but if you use promo pics in your sale showcasing how badass he is plugged into Optimus, you should be able to make out nicely. That's his shining glory as a toy. I say watch the auctions and see if they actually sell or not, then base your asking price around that.

No idea if that's helpful or not, but I hope so. Good luck with the sale.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I have never heard anybody refer to any Wing Saber as a "shelfwarmer" before. Maybe Wingblade.

BINs may say $100, but completed listings say $50 on average.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw one tht went on Ebay for $35, including shipping.

5. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    What I would like to know is if it is worth keeping for longer. I have 2xmisb, 1 played to destruction and another loose but in good shape. Is it likely to get more valuable in time or is it just popular at the moment.

I have multiple misb of most of energon that I am wondering this about. the same question also applies to Ultramagnus, Beachcomber and a few others.

Its hard to tell because toys like Armada powerlinx Jetfire that I like are not worth much at all, and its been longer since release.

6. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine for 20$ with both missiles, instructions and bio card