price check - costco overload

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    whats a good price for this guy? the recent lee's price guide says a sealed set with him and prime is only worth 20, however no one seems to have one, and the one on ebay is 44.44 plus 12 for shipping....

i wanna have every version of this mold someday, including the crystal edition that i havent even seen yet....and i expect to spend some money on crystal magnus and sentinel maximus, but that price just seems to high for this one....

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I don't trust that guide at all. I search completed listings on eBay to get a market feel.

I wonder what the MSRP was.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    good call...there was one sealed that went for 66 plus 18 shipping....which means loose is usually half...so thats 33, plus some shipping...and then since its only one of the 2 toys, it should be less, id say no more then 15-20 plus shipping....

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish, but that's crazy. I've never seen a sealed set go for less than $60. I'd like a set, but since I have the molds 2 and 3 times already, I'm not really feeling like paying more than $40.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    ok...40 would be a nice price, but i dont want the set. i have one armada prime, and thats all i need....but i do want this overload...i may have to just barter with the guy and see what i can do....

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    you can just get it and Junkion Exchange the stuff you don't need. :) 

I'm pretty sure you can get $15 + shipping for an Armada Prime.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, if i found a set i would, this deal is just for overload...but i just bought the TFCC exclusive astrotrain, so im not gonna be able to afford it for awhile anyway....at least another few weeks, then maybe ill get it with some bday moneys....

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That price you saw for the lone one on eBay is a little high, then again you don't see the set let alone Overload floating around for sale/auction that often. If I weren't in the middle of moving and saving for Botcon I would've pulled the trigger on that eBay listing last night...but I too will have to wait. Still holding out for the complete set as I'm a sucker for anything Optimus Prime.

I've got Overload, Superlink Ultra Magnus, Energon Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Maximus, so all I need to complete the mold collection is this CostCo version, the red translucent Superlink version and the lucky draw turqoise crystal version. Yeah, I know I'm dreaming on that last one...

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    arent superlink magnus and overload the same colors? or maybe just slight paint differences?

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Upon first inspection I thought the colors were slightly different, but once I got SL Ultra Magnus in my hands and compared him against Armada Overload I could tell that the differences weren't so slight.

The differences are noticeable enough that if you stand them by each other each one stands out. Nothing strikingly different, but enough to warrant the purchase.