Price Check - Classics Hot Rod 1st Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by darkwingduck13, Apr 4, 2011.

1. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

What would be an estimated going rate for a sealed-on-the-card Classics Hot Rod if the card itself is beat up/bent? Anyone have any reference points for this kind of situation?

Thanks in advance!

2. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    40-60 maybe ? Only references are b/s/t threads I occasionally see with one.

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Take the eBay route & you're likely to line your pockets with more money. :p 

4. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

lol, wishful thinking. $100 to start. Put on ebay if you want to sell for good money.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sold one recently. Completed auctions on ebay were between 55 and 70

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

All this talk almost makes me think about selling MY near complete classic collection!

7. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Yeah, because the prices are going to come down. I don't really see this hype lasting.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends, really. If hasbro does continue this line later this year into next year the demand could actually go up a bit more before coming down.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Really? Why? The hype might die down a bit but prices will remain pretty high. The only thing I could see drive down prices is getting new updated versions of some of those figures.

10. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    yeah there priceses will only increase in value even toys that arent that great e.g ironhide mold and galvatron have seen some decent increase in value get them why there cheap thats what i say

11. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You also have to remember, it's a movie year. Prices go up in movie years for "older" and more "valued" toys to coincide with the hype from collectors and enthusiasts who just get on the latest "bandwagon". Happened with the Batman and Spiderman movies too.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    You have to remember that the FP armor for Rodi is still pretty hot right now. Once it starts to dry up, we may see a dip in prices. Once the innitial run of City Commander ran out, prices for Ultra Magnus started dropping pretty significantly until the second run was announced.

Also, all classics are extremely hot right now. Sure some of them will stay pretty high, but the start of each line (or in this case the continuation of an on-and-off line) brings in new collectors.

Im not saying that we will see $10-20 Rodimus, but I wouldn't doubt if we see a bit of a correction when classics are back on the back burner and all the kits are sold out (which may take a while).

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    except ultra magnus is at his peak in price still, rodimus will go back up once the bis packs go away i think

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Again, the dip was when the armor dried up the first time. The Armor just sold out in the last few months everywhere this time. There are people out there who are still rocking Prime under their Magnus armor looking for an upgrade, so I would guess that it will probably take another 6 months for the demand to go down from the sellout, but the classics magnus is relatively worthless (not completely) without the armor. Between first and second runs, they could be had between $35-$40.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Rodimus will go down eventually. But that's because there are something like 82 releases of that mold. Lol.

16. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ Sadly, the same thing couldn't be said for his "brothers":

1) Classics Rodimus

2) Henkei Rodimus

3) Botcon SG Rodimus

4) Henkei Wildrider

You know these pieces just keep getting more & more expensive with every passing year. :drunk 

17. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's funny is that six months people were complaining about his price being too high because there was only two retail releases, Classics Hot Rod and Henkei Hot Rod.

18. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

Well, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to watch eBay and set the price based on that since there are conflicting opinions/reports here...but if there's anyone who's willing to do $60 shipped as it is and thinks that's a fair price, send me a PM.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ebays completed listings are always a good indicator as to what people are willing to pay.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ I would say the only people willing to pay that much are the ones who don't think the Protector armour goes well with the BiS/CaC Rodimus. Anyone else can get him at retail, at least for the time being. Besides, I personally prefer the cartoon paint job (but then it's easy for me to say that as I have all 3 decos of the 'Hot Rod' figure and use the original classics one for my FP kit).