Price Check: BW Neo VS: Killerpunch Vs Survive

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xNotMyFuturex, Apr 26, 2009.

1. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've recently started picking up, and would eventually like to own the entire Beast Wars Neo/Second line. I know this set is one of the rarest sets from the Japanese releases. I found one MISB for $90 plus $35 for shipping (coming from Singapore). Is that too expensive? Should I grab it while its available or hold out for a better deal?

2. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    that's what I paid for my survive alone back in the day (2004) I think it's a great price. Killerpunch alone is worth that!

iDD

3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Won the Killerpunch vs Survive VS-39 set on ebay for about $41 shipped less than a year ago. I would wait until one shows up for auction rather than jump the gun and purchase the one from singapore.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah killerpunch is the best of the 2, im working on getting that one as well. i already have kp individually though, im also working on a misb all jp bw stuff, regular, II, and neo.

i get alot of my jp bw stuff of yahoo japan using a proxy service through a site rinkya.com

yeah u pay some fees but in the long run, you pay less usually than on ebay. when something rarer hits ebay and in america it goes for more, but usually on yahoo japan where some items tend to be in a more of abundance, its easier to score some nice stuff cheap.

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    That seller is scum. Like Decptigar said proxy service and you will get it for cheaper.

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I got mine from BBTS for $35 just a month ago. So yeah, you can find it cheaper.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally I don't think the set is worth the $95, Killerpunch is awesome and worth about $35-40 alone, but Survive... I'm only lukewarm on his mold, and certainly wouldn't pay an extra $40-50 on top of Killerpunch for him.

Both are awesome toys, but I would have a hard time justifying buying one at that sort of price. Especially since there is a way to get them cheaper by waiting a little while for an auction.

AndryOfDoom, you got a real steal on the set for $41 shipped, honestly I'd expect something like this in the $60 region.

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Save moeny by buying them seperate the rarer vs packs are over priced but plan on paying 40-50 for Killer punch he has gotten rare.

9. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    To be honest it must have been an overlooked auction. There were only 4 bids on the auction. And it was only TWO WEEKS after I won the VS-38 Bazooka vs. Bump for $21 with about $13 dollar shipping. So like I said before. It is best to be patient and check eBay among many other websites. I waited about three months between losing an auction for a lone killer punch for over $55 before shipping and ended up with the versus set for under that price shipped.

10. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    You could always wait for Botcon and see if someone has one? That is of course if your going? The reason I say this is because I scored a Rattrap first version MISB for $15 and a Rattrap vs. Terrorsaur MISB for $25. This was last year. Someone had a lot of them but those were the ones I was mainly interested in. In retrospect I should have gotten all he had, now I am scowering to find gaps in my collection. But I will take my own advice and wait for Botcon. I always find great deals in the dealers room and at the parts party. You just have to look and be patient.