Price Check: Brave Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I'm curious of peoples' opinions on the value of Brave Maximus, particularly a) 100% complete MIB (good condition), but also b) loose complete, good condition and c) MISB.

I missed one today (a)) that was $229 plus $45 shipping, I made an offer for $245 shipped because it said 'accepting offers' in the auction. The guy messages me back saying he's not taking offers. I message him saying it says he is in the auction, he messages me back saying 'sorry I'll edit the auction to avoid this confusion'. I think to myself $229 plus shipping isn't that bad (I don't know Brave Maximus' value very well, say compared to Fort Max, which I'm also currently trying to get...but not for super $$$). So I go back to the auction and while editing it the guy raises the price to $249. So then I'm thinking 'do I want to be spending $300 on him?' but was also a bit frustrated at the seller so held out to think about it. 6 hours later the auction is sold BIN so that was the end of that.

Now that I was close, I'm really wanting him, and he might help me hold off yet further on the Fort Max. So thus this thread so I have a better idea of values for him.

2. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

$230 + shipping is pretty reasonable for it for MIB piece I think.

3. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I saw a Brave Max go for just over $350 a couple of weeks ago.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Which of my a) b) c) was it?

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think it was A that i saw...

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    and one just sold on ebay,, loose complete no box for 300...i think you're gonna have to spend about 300-350 to get one...

7. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Is Brave Max really worth this much now? :eek: I have yet to take mine out of his twisty tie prison, though this is because of my current lack of space. (The tape on the box is cut however, so I could observe it.) I remember when I bought mine a few years ago for a little over a hundred dollars, (it was on clearance and was the korean version but its still the same toy).

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, even the korean one goes for big money...i'm probably gonna sell mine soon to help pay off credit card debt...

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I paid 300 + shipping for mine from a board member a couple of months ago: complete, minty (even the stickers, but no box/instructions. I was happy w/ the price.

11. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    He was mint, unopened, not shaw what the quality of the box was, I only quickly looked at the auction.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think mine cost about £135 in total (including shipping) when I bought it. Mine's the Korean version, and I got it new from BBTS (when it was first released).

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Though prices on ebay have been erratic and often over-the-top lately, i.e. just cuz you see it sell for a certain value there doesn't mean that's what it's worth or will consistantly sell for. (I've seen some items go for very high prices in the last couple of months that you also see go for much less at other times...i.e. $450 for mib Omega Supreme when I got one for $150 weeks before).

He does definately seem worth $250-300 though, $350-400 misb, but anything over $300 for loose or mib complete seems rather overpriced even though some people are paying it (seriously, ebay has been nuts lately with hungry buyers)
    I'd be happy to pay $300 mib but no more or close to that loose complete, I should have got the one yesterday but oh well.

14. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    man, I threw out the box for him last year. I'm finding storing the boxes is becoming a pain. Oh well, the figure is pretty cool.

I saw the loose figure go on ebay last week for somewhere between 120-150.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I remember when these first started popping up on eBay a few years back (wow, guess it was almost 5 years ago now...) for 99-120 + 30 bucks in shipping.

TF collecting is such a pay now, or PAY later sport...

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

$150 loose? That sounds more like it! Hehe

But hey, can anyone tell me the differences between the Korean and the Japanese releases other than that the Korean came out later? Is there any reason I should avoid the Korean one?

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You know what freaking stinks? I lost the Emissary's gun. I hope some of the KO parts makers will crank one out someday. I'd also like to trick out Max with red Fort Max guns if they are out there. Any leads?

18. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    $150 was the approximate cost + shipping when this guy was released.

The differences between the versions are really non-existent. Some of the Korean releases had the Autobot symbol applied upside down.

So, other than the box, no real differences.

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    No difference at all aside from the box.

MISB/MIB your looking at $300+ easily probably more, loose about $150 -ish.

20. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Thanks for all the responses guys. I really don't care about the box for this guy as long as he is complete and c9+. I find MIB being worth that much more for something that isn't vintage G1 (and not even old at all) to be silly, and also the insert is just ugly brown cardboard, so hopefully I can find one for around or under $200...